cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
je.chung
Level 1

Is it possible transfer all data from Xero to Quickbooks? If so, how long will it take? and how hard would it be?

18 Comments 18
Charies_M

Is it possible transfer all data from Xero to Quickbooks? If so, how long will it take? and how hard would it be?

Hello there, je.chung.

Allow me to share some information about the process of transferring dtaa from Xero to QuickBooks Online (QBO).

The following information that can be imported to QBO includes Customers, Vendors, Accounts and Products and Services. When importing, you'll need to have a supported file compatible to QuickBooks. You can either use CSV or XLS/XLSX.

To make sure you use the supported file to import information to QBO, I recommend you get in touch with the technical support from Xero.

Let me provide you this article which will help you know more about the process of converting data into QBO: Common questions about importing data to QuickBooks Online.

I'm always here if you have any other questions about importing files. Just leave a reply below and I'll get back to you.

Olga B
Level 1

Hello je.chung,

The fastest way to transfer all your data to Xero and out it to QBO will be organizing your files in CSV or XLS/XLSX format and import them with Import/Export tool.  Try this one for example.

Cheers

FILEREPAIR
Level 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with Intuit.   Apparently, they do data migration for free from Xero, all versions, even though on their website it says they do not do conversion from Xero US

Here is the website:  https://quickbooks.intuit.com/data-migration/convert/?loc=

Cheers.

Dryfus
Level 1

About how long does the conversion service take with intuit once you submit the request?

Thank you!

JenoP

Conversions are processed within three to five working days upon receiving your data file, Dryfus.

Although, there are also times that it will be completed faster than the usual turn around time, depending on the size of the file.

You'll also receive an email confirmation as soon as the migration is complete. More details about this are discussed here: Import Data Conversion to QuickBooks Online - Frequently Asked Questions

You can also reach out to the conversion support if you require more info about the conversion process. You can email your inquiries to qbo_support@odyssey-resources.com.

After successfully converting your file, you can run reports such as Profit and Loss and other transaction reports to check if the data that was converted is accurate. This article will guide you through the steps: Run Reports

The Community is always here if you need more help with QuickBooks getting around QuickBoks. 

MCorrigan
Level 1

I am considering leaving Xero and migrating to Xero however I do not see an viable way to migrate without loosing historical data.  Such as After you transfer the 4 items you mentioned Customers, Vendors, Accounts and Products and Services, I will need al lot more data transferred.  Such as customers,,,, where are all the invoices that are connected to each customer, what invoices are paid vs not paid, All my Account Receivables?  I need to migrate 5 years worth of customers, invoices, transactions, chat of accounts, GL,  AR, AP, Expense reports, copies of receipts, copies of invoices,financial statement, balance sheets, fixed assets, expenses, income, etc. 

Can someone let me know if they have actually migrated all their data successfully from Xero to QBO.  If so how?  I am trying to build a plan before I begin migration.  I just cant afford to loose all my Xero data.

Thanks Mike,

JamesDuanT

Hello MCorrigan,

We're unable to migrate your data directly from Xero (US) to QuickBooks Online. For now, we can only import the data by list which you'll need to export from Xero. Then, import them to QuickBooks Online manually. You can use this article for reference and further questions: Common questions about importing data to QuickBooks Online.

For banking transactions, you can connect your bank to QuickBooks Online. Then, you can manage the downloaded transactions. You can also import the banking transactions using a WebConnect file. You just need to make sure it is formatted correctly.

For A/R, A/P, journal entries and other transactions, you might need to search for a third-party migration tool online. Make sure that they can integrate with Xero and QuickBooks Online.

Otherwise, you'll need to enter the transactions manually.

You can also reach out to your accountant for a few ways of bringing your Xero transactions to QuickBooks Online. They can give you additional options in doing this.

We'll be right here to provide more assistance if necessary.

Sandm
Level 1

Be very cautious using the Data transfer service.  I have spent a month dealing with them and am completely frustrated.  They have assigned my account 3 times, they have asked for invitations multiple times and then dont activate them.  It has been a complete debacle. I am now trying to import my data myself as I have no way to go back to Xero.

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, @Sandm

Thank you for following the thread. 

Your time and experience matter to us, and I hate to hear yours hasn't been that well. Rest assured, we will be here to help you every step of the way with importing the data into QuickBooks. I've included some helpful tips below for the importing process. 

You'll want to make sure that when you import, you do it in this exact order. Otherwise, you could run into some issues down the road. 

1. Customer
  2. Vendors 
  3. Products and services
  4. Invoices
  5. Bills

The links provided in the steps above include spreadsheet examples and more in-depth details for each section of the importing process. As mentioned by my colleagues above, you can check out Common questions about importing data to QuickBooks Online to see our other user experiences and their answered responses should you run into some similar problems. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need help during this process. You can always count on us here in the Community to get you back to business. Take care and enjoy your day. You certainly deserve it! 

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@Sandm 

There are 2 options you may consider:

1. Utilize the 3rd party importer tool

https://transactionpro.grsm.io/qbo

Use promo code 20PERCENTOFF at checkout, valid until April 30th, 2020.

2. Purchase a 3rd party conversion service. 

accountsarabia
Level 1

Sir, I have also the same issue. I am planning to Migrate from Xero to QuickBooks Online (QBO).
The same time I have one more issue is that for Xero I am using Unleashed Software for Inventory management. I don't think there is a migration tool for this. We may need to migrate manually. Export to Excel, CSV, and Import. If there is any other way of doing this please let me know.

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@accountsarabia 

As I mentioned earlier, you may utilize the importer tool to do so. Otherwise, check our profile name and send your business email address in a private message to us.

John Donnelly
Level 1

Hi All

I am just checking how you all got on with the conversion from Xero to QB as I am about to do the same, Has anybody tried https://www.mmcconvert.com/ if so how did that work out

I have only 4,000 bank transactions since 1/1/2016 and Id like to keep everything 

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

John

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

John Donnelly
Level 1

Hi Fiat

I haven't asked them yet, I thought I would check them out first , maybe Ill go ahead and get a price to get an idea of cost

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@John Donnelly 

They will ask you to invite one email address to let them evaluate data in your Xero account. Then  they will quote their fee and the estimated turn around time. You will open a new QBO account and invite one email address to let them migrate data once you paid their payment request.

https:// quickbooks.grsm.io/US

https:// quickbooks.grsm.io/us-promo

Contact us in private should you need to compare their fee.

Cookiejest
Level 1

Hey everyone, we built an export and backup tool that is designed to enable analytics using Xero data and other tools. You can use it to get data from Xero and import it into Quickbooks.

Check it out https://www.cloudslurp.com/#/?connectorname=xero

It will export the full data tables for the following entities into CSV file or you can load data directly from a live URL in JSON format into your analytics tools (like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik etc) or to help you migrate between tools. Cloudslurp handles paging through the data, authorisation and all that stuff.

(We support these exports from Xero, let us know if we missed any and we can add them for you!):

• accounts
  • transactions
  • invoices
  • contacts
  • payments
  • purchase orders
  • quotes
  • banktransfers
  • creditnotes

Need to get in touch?

Contact us