cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisaj866
Level 1

back-up file

If I open a back-up file, will all transactions after the back-up date be erased?

Solved
Best answer April 20, 2019

Best Answers
Anonymous
Not applicable

back-up file

When you restore a backup  you'll get exactly what you had when you backed up the file.

If you restore on top of your existing company file, then it will be gone, replaced by the backed up version of the file.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

back-up file

When you restore a backup  you'll get exactly what you had when you backed up the file.

If you restore on top of your existing company file, then it will be gone, replaced by the backed up version of the file.

lisaj866
Level 1

back-up file

Got it! Thanks!

erina1
Level 1

back-up file

@Anonymous wrote:

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

back-up file

Hi there, @erina1.

QuickBooks Online (QBO) and QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) have different ways of backing up files. In QBDT, you can create a local backup, then restore the backup file created as mentioned above.

In QBO, the system automatically backs your data up with the same level of security used by banks and financial institutions. That said, you don't need to worry about saving your QuickBooks data on a flash drive.

If you wish to get a copy of your QBO file, you can export them to Excel, then save the data from there. You can open this link as your reference: Export reports, lists, and other data from QuickBooks Online.

To learn more about backing up data in QBO, you can as well open these articles:

For additional resources, while working with QuickBooks, you can open the topics from our help articles.

If you need assistance with anything else, mention me in the comment section. I'll be ready to pop-in and help. Have a nice day!

OpaBrown
Level 1

back-up file

No, you won't get exactly what you had. Some critical information will be missing: the backup process for some unknown reason will strip all of your reconciliation information.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us