cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
invoice2
Level 1

Can i add my item name in quick book so i dont have to write it everytime ? if i allowed to do that please tell me how ?

1 REPLY 1
RaymondJayO

Can i add my item name in quick book so i dont have to write it everytime ? if i allowed to do that please tell me how ?

Great to see you here in the Community, @invoice2

I'll help ensure you're able to add your item name so you don't have to create it all the time. 

If you're referring to products and services, you'll first need to turn on the stock tracking feature. By doing so, the system will allow you to create an item name. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Gear icon at the upper right. 
  2. Select Account and Settings under Your Company
  3. Go to Sales from the left menu. 
  4. In the Products and services section, choose the Pencil (Edit) icon.
  5. Check the Track stock quantity on hand box. 
  6. Click Save

Once done, it will enable the new Stock item type when clicking New under the Products and Services page. Then, you'll need to set up your products by performing the steps below: 

1. Go to the Gear icon at the upper right. 
  2. Select Products and Services under Lists
  3. Choose New at the upper right. 
  4. On the Product/Service information window, select Stock as the type.
  5. Type in your item name. 
  6. Enter all the necessary information. 
  7. Click Save and close

For more information, you can check out this helpful article: How to Set Up Stock Tracking. I'm also including this great resource to learn more about the stock processes and best practices: Stock Links and Resources Hub

The steps and resources above will help you create a permanent item name, @invoice2

Stay in touch with me if you're referring to something else or should you need anything else. I'm always here to help. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us