cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike-EP
Level 1

Printer Setup

Payroll checks will not print on Ricoh 6041 printer.  QB sends checks to print queue.  Printer status 

shows "printing" but then changes to "error".   Printer attempts printing again but same result.

This keeps happening until I delete paychecks from print queue.

I can print reports and other checks on this printer OK.

I can send same payroll checks to HP laserjet 1300 and they print OK.

1 Comment 1
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Printer Setup

Hi, Mike-EP.

I appreciate your time checking this with the QuickBooks Community. Let me help resolve the issue when printing paychecks.

Let's ensure that the Adobe Reader installed on your computer is updated since this is a possible reason why you're not able to print paychecks in QuickBooks. 

Here's how:

1. Close all open web browser windows.
  2. Click Start on the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
  3. Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
  4. Click Programs and Features.
  5. Select Adobe or Adobe Reader, and then click Uninstall/Change.
  6. In the Setup dialog box, click Next.
  7. Select Repair, Next, and then Install.
  8. Click Finish when the repair is complete.
  9. Restart your PC, log back in to QuickBooks, and then try to print the checks again.

If the same thing happens, you can check and follow the troubleshooting steps recommended in these articles:

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how you can contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

This should get you on the right track. Please know that I'm just a post away if you have any other questions about printing paycheck. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us