Create purchase order for selected items in QuickBooks Online
Think about an Estimate containing several items you want to sell to a certain customer. All items in the estimate are either produced from yourself or must be ordered first from several suppliers, before you can sell them.
So for this, you have to produce several purchase orders for each supplier involved whit this estimate.
In QuickBook 2019 for Mac (Desktop Version) it is possible to create a purchase order out of an estimate with only selected items.
- There with the Estimate open you click on the "PO" Button
- Select the "Create purchase order... For selected items..." option
- Select all Items you want to have in your new Purchase Order
- Click "OK"
With this you get a new Purchase Order with only the selected Items you want to order from a selected Supplier. Repeating this steps for each supplier you can easily produce all needed purchase orders out from only one estimate.
I did search for the same feature in QuickBooks Online and not found it.
Searching the Help Topics also did not show me an option to do this. The only thing I can do is to use the "Copy to purchase order" Button. Unfortunately this only creates a purchase order with all the items contained by the estimate. But I can only select one vendor for this purchase order.
For me this is somehow a little bit unrealistic.
In Reality, it looks like this:
- When I send an estimate to a customer I tell him, what I want to deliver to him.
- The customer don't know from which suppliers I get the Items or I produce them myself.
- The estimate in one shot shows the customer, what he will get from me.
- Behind that I have to order the items I will send to the customer from different suppliers or even produce them myself.
- The customer is not interested in what is going on behind in my company
So how do I produce purchase orders for different Suppliers out of one Estimate ?
In QuickBooks 2019 for Mac (Desktop Version):
- This can be done with some few clicks out of the Estimate (see explanation of procedure above)
In QuickBooks Online:
- Do I really have to "Copy to purchase order" the Estimate for each supplier the items come from
- Then additionally go through all created purchase orders to eliminate there all unnecessary items which will not belong to this supplier.
That's the only workaround I found myself for the moment.
I hope you can understand my problem. Why this feature was not taken over from QuickBooks 2019 for Mac (Desktop Version) into QuickBooks Online ??
I no understand this un-logic behaviour !
Help would really much appreciated !