cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
GuardHome
Level 1

Error code OL-222 Since recently updating my QB Desktop I am unable to upload my bank transactions.

8 REPLIES 8
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Error code OL-222 Since recently updating my QB Desktop I am unable to upload my bank transactions.

Hello GuardHome

Were you using bank feed in the desktop product?Are you using the Pro or Premier  product?

Thanks

Emma

GuardHome
Level 1

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your reply. I have been using PRO for almost 15 years and have always had this facility from my Barclays account, which outputs the fileinthe QBO format.

Kind Regards

Eric

@EmmaM wrote:

Hello GuardHome

Were you using bank feed in the desktop product?Are you using the Pro or Premier  product?

Thanks

Emma

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Eric,

The bank feed feature is no longer supported on Desktop UK. This has been phased out over the years since 2016, and has officially stopped as of 2019.

Thanks,

Talia

GuardHome
Level 1

Hi Talia,

Thank you for this.

It is outrageous that this has been removed from a very expensive product, it cost me £60 per month. I know that Intuit want us to move over to the online version, but I am not ready to do this and losing this facility is seriously damaging to my business.

No doubt I will not be receiving a reduced subscription fee!

Thank you again

Eric

GuardHome
Level 1

Hi Talia,

Thank you for this.

It is outrageous that this has been removed from a very expensive product, it cost me £60 per month. I know that Intuit want us to move over to the online version, but I am not ready to do this and losing this facility is seriously damaging to my business.

No doubt I will not be receiving a reduced subscription fee!

Thank you again

Eric

Dizzy9565
Level 1

I have just discovered the same problem and been trying to troubleshoot for a while.  This has meant my accounts have been late this quarter and have had a number of penalties applied to the business.

QuickBooks do not appear to have alerted the desktop users that the facility has been withdrawn.

We cannot move to the online version as we use all the facilities of the desktop site that are not yet available within the online version.

I would like to know why, if they are trying to get us to move online, that they have not made all the features available within the online version.

Additionally, we have calculation of VAT that fall within the partial exemption rules and the de minimus rules; neither yet supported.  But, both of which we were told were supported when we signed up 10 years ago!

FritzF

Thanks for joining this conversation, @GuardHome.

Just to verify, are getting the same error as well? If so, this may be caused by one of the following:

• A problem at your bank (sometimes referred to as your financial institution or FI).
  • A problem with your Internet connection.
  • A problem with one or more accounts in your company file.
  • A problem with the download or import format.
  • A discontinued version of Windows or QuickBooks Desktop.

There are a couple of troubleshooting steps that we can perform to isolate this. The first one is to enable TLS 1.2 in the latest version of Internet Explorer. Here's how:

1. Open Internet Explorer 11 and make sure you have the latest version installed.
2. Click the Gear icon on the upper right section of Internet Explorer.
3. Go to Internet Options, then Advanced Tab.
4. Scroll down to the Security section and uncheck the USE TLS 1.0 and put a check in USE TLS 1.2.
5. Click Apply and then OK.
6. Close all open programs and restart your computer.

Once done, try to download the transactions again to double-check. If the issue persists, check out this article and proceed to Step 2: Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors in QuickBooks Desktop.

That should get you fixed right up. Keep me posted on how everything goes or if you're referring to something else in the comment. I want to make sure this is taken care of for you. Cheers!

AdrianG001
Level 4

You can upload the bank transactions by performing one of the following workarounds:

•   Import transactions using a CSV or other file type that is supported by QuickBooks.
•   Use Direct Connect.
•    Manually enter the transactions.

Regards,

Adrian

QuickBooks Hosting Consultant

Need to get in touch?

Contact us