cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Reversing Inventory Adjustments with Importing and Exporting in Excel

Are you able to do mass inventory adjustment that include Quantity and Value by importing and exporting with Excel?  

5 Comments 5
AlcaeusF

Hello 12313,

Welcome to the Community. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions you may have with creating inventory adjustments in QuickBooks Desktop.

The ability to make adjustments to the quantity and value of the inventory items are only available within the QuickBooks program. Right now, importing  and exporting adjustments with Excel is currently unavailable.

For additional insight into adjusting inventory quantity or value, such as the available options, I'm adding the article that I recommend:

Adjust inventory quantity or value.

Please know I'm always available here whenever you need further assistance with inventory adjustment. You can keep in touch with the Community anytime.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can import inventory adjustments, but not directly from Excel. Instead they can be imported as IIF files.

Use the BRC IIF Transaction Creator Pro  to help you import inventory adjustments (and most other types of transactions.)  As when recording them manually, the adjustments can be Qty only, Cost only, or both Qty and Cost adjustments.

kerrym1
Level 1

Hello  - I need assistance with something similar to this. Are you an expert? Can you help or send a referral?

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for joining the thread, @kerrym1.

As mentioned by my colleague AlcaeusF above, the adjustments to the quantity and value of the inventory items are only available within the QuickBooks program. If you wish to import/export the adjustments to Excel as suggest by Anonymous above, you may reach out to our Community Champion, BigRedConsulting.

To learn more about inventory adjustments in QuickBooks Desktop, feel free to open this link: Adjust your inventory quantity or value in QuickBooks Desktop.

You can as well read the topics from our help articles in case you need related resources while working with QuickBooks in the future. 

Please feel free to add a comment below if you have any other QuickBooks questions. I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@kerrym1 

You may utilize one of these importer tools to do so.

https:// transactionpro.grsm.io/qbd

https:// partners.saasant.com/affiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=5051_2

Prepare the Inventory Adjustment data with the following template

RefNumberAccountTransaction DateMemoItemNew QtyNew ValueAdj QtyAdj ValueCustomerClass
1231-1Cost of Goods Sold31/12/2020Year End Inventory AdjustmentHardware10     
1231-1Cost of Goods Sold31/12/2020Year End Inventory AdjustmentDoor Frame10     
1231-1Cost of Goods Sold31/12/2020Year End Inventory AdjustmentCabinets  -1   
1231-2Cost of Goods Sold31/12/2020Year End Inventory AdjustmentWood Door 1000    
1231-2Cost of Goods Sold31/12/2020Year End Inventory AdjustmentInterior Door Kit   500  

Need to get in touch?

Contact us