cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharaficpa
Level 1

as soon as I start QB 2008 pro, I get this message "the system can not find the path specified"

as soon as I start QB 2008 pro, I get this message "the system can not find the path specified"

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, @sharaficpa.

Thanks for bringing this concern to my attention. I'm here to provide some details about the message that you received when accessing QuickBooks Desktop.

The system cannot find the path specified error can be caused by incorrect folder permissions, firewall configuration, or internet settings in Windows. To get this sorted out, make sure to update your QuickBooks to the latest release. Once done, run as Administrator upon opening QuickBooks.

Here's how:

1. Close QuickBooks.
  2. Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Run As Administrator.
  3. Try to open the company file again.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you can try toggling the UAC setting of your operating system. For more details about this process, please refer to this article: Connection to QuickBooks company file is lost.

Also, you might consider upgrading your QuickBooks to the latest version since you are using the unsupported one. Having an outdated version of QuickBooks may cause unexpected errors. 

In case, you've decided to upgrade your QuickBooks, here are some helpful articles that you can check out for the entire procedure:

If you need further assistance with this concern, feel free to reach out to Customer Care Team. They have proper tools like screen-sharing that can guide you with these steps.

That should do it.

Don't hesitate to leave a reply below if you have any other questions with QuickBooks Desktop. I'd be happy to help you out. Wishing you well.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us