cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
craigybobs
Level 1

I have a client who wants to order certain products online with me, I sell print, so they want to order say 10000 letterheads or 5000 envelopes how do I do this easily?

1 REPLY 1
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

I have a client who wants to order certain products online with me, I sell print, so they want to order say 10000 letterheads or 5000 envelopes how do I do this easily?

Thanks for reaching out to the Online Community, craigybobs.

Let me welcome you to the QuickBooks family. I want to ensure the items you're selling are tracked in your account.

I have good news to share. You can use the Inventory feature to monitor the products.

Before doing that, let’s turn on the Track stock quantity on hand option to track quantity, sales revenue, and cost of goods sold enter them in QuickBooks. I’ll guide you through the process.

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top, then choose Account and Settings.
  2. Choose Sales on the left panel.
  3. Click on the Pencil icon for Products and services, and mark the box for Track stock quantity on hand.
  4. Click on Save and Done.

To enter stocks:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top, then Products and Services.
  2. Click on the drop-down for New.
  3. Select Stock as the type.
  4. In the Name field, enter letterheads/envelopes.
  5. Fill in the necessary fields.
  6. Click on Save and close/Save and New.

I’m also adding an article with links on how to manage stocks: Stock links and resources.

After setting up the letterheads and envelopes, you can now create an invoice and send it to your clients. For more in-depth information, check out the How to create an invoice article.

There you go. These transactions should now be recorded in your account.

Let me know if you have additional questions about QBO. Please know I’m always ready to help. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us