cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen29
Level 1

When I run a P&L by class after I created Build Assemblies there are amounts in the "unclassified" column that are not listed in my build. If I zero these out it reduces my COGS. What is happening?

We track our products by class.  When I run the build assemblies at the end of each month and then run a P&L by class there are amounts showing up in the "unclassified" column coming from a build assembly.  I have tied out each amount in my builds and none are related to these "unclassified" amounts.  The only way to clear out the unclassified amounts is to credit them into COGS which is reducing my COGS by an unknown amount.  What is happening?  Is QB Desktop doing a background calculation?

Also, within several Builds there are legitimate Warehouse charges for costs that we pay a vendor to assemble our products.  These are also showing up in the "unclassified" column even though the Warehouse charge is properly classed to the product.

1 Comment 1
JessT

When I run a P&L by class after I created Build Assemblies there are amounts in the "unclassified" column that are not listed in my build. If I zero these out it reduces my COGS. What is happening?

Let’s take out the COGS value in the Unspecified column, Karen.

Before we start, we’ll have an overview of this behavior first. In a normal process we, we buy the items, build an assembly and sell it. Then, your P&L by Class report will look perfect. However, if you un-build or delete an assembly and recreate it, after you record sales, it will result to your scenario. You'll incur a COGS amount under Unspecified. When you double-click that amount, you'll see that it's from your re-built assembly.

To resolve this, you'll need to deselect and re-select the assembly item on your sales transactions, then re-run the report after. You can try one transaction to see how it affects the COGS value on your report.

We're just around you need more help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us