cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
josephlamb
Level 1

Error Code 101 Capital One and HSBC connection dropping

Hi sorry to ask two questions at once;

I am new to QB self-employed and trying to set up my bank accounts but:

1. Capitalone UK gives me a 101 error every time I try to link it; I have confirmed that the log in details are correct, and have attempted to link the account in incognito browsing to no success

2. HSBC is working but every time i leave QB and close the browser window when i reopen quickbooks it has disconnected and i have to fix the connection by generating a security code on my iPhone HSBC app. How do I stop the HSBC connection dropping every time I close QB?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Kristine Mae

You don't have to say sorry. It's totally fine, Josephlamb.

I'm here to help you with your bank concerns. 

Let's go to your first question. Error 101 means there is an error message or notification on your bank's website. To fix it, log in to website and address these messages. Once done, try to connect the Capitol One bank account again. 

On your second question, the HSBC bank will drop every time you close QuickBooks Self-Employed because it's part of the online banking security feature. It is set up with a One Time Passcode. 

I've also got you an article for future reference: Errors Connecting a Bank.

If you need more of our help, you can always drop by anytime. We're just a comment away. 

josephlamb
Level 1

Thanks for your detailed help. I understand with regards to HSBC. 

In regards to Capital One UK I have checked and their are no error and or warning messages on my online banking yet I still get error code 101. Please could you advise, as this is the credit card I use for most of my expenses purchases. 

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Hey josephlamb,

Can you check in your Inbox or notification center for updated terms and conditions? It may not pop up as an error or a warning message, but rather as a general inbox message.

Can I also check whether you have tried editing the sign in info on the account?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us