cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Report Templates Between my 2 Desktop Pro companies

Hi,

I have 2 companies setup on my Desktop Pro addition.

Company A has a nice report that I would like to share the template to Company B.

I don't see any option to export a template in the Menu options for this memorized report.  I only see an option to import a template.

Can you Help?  THANKS!

7 Comments 7
Rustler
Level 15

I have premier, I am not sure if this function is in pro or not, probably not

see the pic, there is a button for share template

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for weighing in.  I have the same option but when I select that it appears to only allow me to share to the community report page not to local desktop for me to import into my other company.  

I guess what I will have to do is share to the community page and then grab it again to import.  

I would think this is something that should be available across my own companies.

CFish662
Level 1

Were you able to import the shared community report, to the company 'B'? Ive been trying to do it this way for days, but cannot find the report once im in my 'new' company. 

MJoy_D

I can provide you with some information on importing and exporting report templates in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT), @CFish662.

The report template that you exported from your QBDT account can't be imported into this new company file at this time. This seems like it would be a fantastic addition to our present features.

I invite you to provide input to our developers so that this feature can be added to future releases. Rest assured, I'll do the same on my end.

Here's how:

1. Select Send Feedback Online from the Help menu.
  2. Click the Product Suggestion from the drop-down menu.
  3. Fill out the on-screen instructions in the QuickBooks Feedback window.
  4. After that, click Send Feedback.

Check out this article: Use and customize form templates to learn what modified templates can be exported and imported to QuickBooks.

Here's a guide to assist you export reports from QuickBooks Desktop to Excel: Export reports as Excel workbooks in QuickBooks Desktop

Please let me know if you have any other queries concerning reports. I'm always happy to lend a hand in any manner I can. Enjoy the remainder of your day!

CFish662
Level 1

I really appreciate your help but I am already aware of those two features that you mentioned (customize templates/export reports to excel).

Can you (or anyone else) tell me how to find a 'shared community report' and import/save that report to my company file? I know the exact name of the shared report im looking for (the search bar didnt help, unfortunately) I intend to save that report as a memorized transaction, if I can ever locate it on the community-contributed report center .

ZackE

Thanks for following up with the Community, CFish662.

I can certainly understand how a shared community report could be useful and have submitted a suggestion about it as of today.

You can also submit your own feature requests while using QuickBooks. Detailed steps for doing so can be found in MaryJoyD's post.

You can find further details about importing data into your books in our Import and export data article.

I've also included a detailed resource about working with memorized reports that may come in handy moving forward: Create, access & modify memorized reports

Please feel welcome to send a reply if there's any additional questions. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Plumeria7
Level 1

I need this ability!  I have several companies that I have to recreate the same report for.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us