cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOben
Level 3

Cycle Count in Advanced Inventory

Once cycle counts have been created,  then closed through the process can they be duplicated?  In other words, do we have to create "new" cylce counts each time?  If so is there a way to make it more automated so we don't have to re-enter every item?

7 Comments 7
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @JOben.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. Let me share some information about the cycle count feature in QuickBooks. 

A cycle count is a way of keeping track of your stock and manage your inventory without the disruption and time involved in a total inventory count. Currently, this feature doesn't have an option to create automatically. For the meantime, you'll need to create cycle count each inventory item one at a time.   

For additional reference, you can check this article to learn more about the cycle count feature: Cycle Count in Advanced Inventory

Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have additional questions about the Advance Inventory. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words. You have to create the cycle count one item at a time, and it doesn't save your cycle count list once it's completed. So you have to create a new list for every cycle count you want to complete, meaning that every time you want to count 1000 items, you need to type in the 1000 items first, and the next time you want to count those same 1000 items, you need to enter a new cycle count list even though you just did that last week. This the most inefficient way to cycle count an area, maybe ever! You'd be better off pouring gasoline on your PC, lighting it on fire, and starting over, on paper, with with a tally system. These QB people have no clue. They are overglorified researchers. It's like paying someone to Google an answer for you and give you the wrong answer 90% of the time.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words. You have to create the cycle count one item at a time, and it doesn't save your cycle count list once it's completed. So you have to create a new list for every cycle count you want to complete, meaning that every time you want to count 1000 items, you need to type in the 1000 items first, and the next time you want to count those same 1000 items, you need to enter a new cycle count list even though you just did that last week. This the most inefficient way to cycle count an area, maybe ever! You'd be better off pouring gasoline on your PC, lighting it on fire, and starting over, on paper, with with a tally system. These QB people have no clue. They are over-glorified researchers. It's like paying someone to Google an answer for you and give you the wrong answer 90% of the time.  

BrittanySM
Level 2

Can you use the previous excel sheet and adjust your numbers???

Katherine9473
Level 1

I have used one of the custom fields in my inventory items as "cycle count".   Then I created new categories for each unique cycle count I want to preform.   Be sure the category is not words, codes or number sequences found in any other item field.   This will allow me to "search" for just those items and add them to the cycle count to send to the warehouse. 

Using excel import/export to update the QB  items with these new categories made the job super easy.

MRP Ontario Canada
Level 1

I am wanting to produce a report that will show the last time an item was cycle counted and how it was adjusted. I am using an OBDC connection to produce reports but I can't find a table that includes the cycle count information.

Candice C
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, @MRP Ontario Canada

Thanks for chiming in on this thread. I hope your day is going well so far. 

I recommend contacting their support team to be sure of if you can do this. Use the link below to get in touch with them: 

As future reference, check out this guide: Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)

Come back if you have any other questions. We're always here to lend a helping hand. Take care! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us