cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
jasvirjfbutler
Level 1

Can I have an employee who would like to take an extra $100 per pay period for taxes off his cheque, how do I set this up?

5 Comments 5
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Can I have an employee who would like to take an extra $100 per pay period for taxes off his cheque, how do I set this up?

Hi there,

You've reached the right place for help. I'd be happy to answer your question. I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, you're looking to deduct $100 on your employees cheque? 

tarryn
Level 1

I would also like an answer to this

JessT

Thank you for joining this thread, tarryn.

Before we get started, I'd like to ask a few details so I can give the right setup for this.

The calculation of taxes in QuickBooks Online Payroll is based on the TD1 information. May I know what particular tax is this $100 deduction for? You can be as detailed as possible, so we can have the right setup for your employee.

Thank you in advance.

RTM83054
Level 1

How do I do this in QB Desktop!!

Trish_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello RTM83054,

It's nice to see you joining us here.  I would be glad to provide the information needed, to make changes to the requested amount to be withheld from your employees paycheque, in QuickBooks Desktop.

Although QuickBooks updates the information provided by the CRA, to calculate the amounts on the TD1, you can also manually change the amount, when requested by your employee(s).  Here's how;

1.  Open the Employee tab and select the employee you need to update

2.  Select the Edit icon beside employee information

3.  Choose Payroll Info and then Taxes and TD1

4.  Enter the amount and hit OK

Your all set!

Here's a helpful guide, to assist with Editing or changing employee information in QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Online payroll.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach back out.  We'd be happy to assist!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us