cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

telephone #

I had something happen today that I am not quite sure about.  Please bear with me.  I went by my boss's bank yesterday to get help with setting up the bank feed through his bank.  I was given a telephone # I was told was QB support.  When I called the # I was told that some of my files were corrupted and that I needed to buy a support package before they could help me.  Now this all began at the bank after bank person called the number and was told about the corrupted files and my original support had expired.  I bought the support package and then had to call back today with another problem.  Now I am told that I must buy a data package for payroll.  So I guess what I am asking is:  Is there really a telephone number for support and if so, what is that #?

4 Comments 4
Joyce_P
QuickBooks Team

telephone #

I'm here to make sure you'll be able to contact the right QuickBooks Customer Care Team, 3268.

I'd suggest reaching them inside QuickBooks. This way, we can make sure that you'll be able to get the correct phone number or get a callback from them.

Here's how: 

1. Go to the Help menu and choose QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  2. Click Contact us.
  3. Enter a brief description in the Tell us more about your question: field and click Search.
  4. Select the Get a callback button.

You might also want to consider reaching for our chat support. Just follow the steps above and click the Start messaging button. 

Also, I've included an article that can help you set up your bank feed: Get Started with Bank Feeds for QuickBooks Desktop.

Please get back to me if you have more question. I'll be glad to help you.

Level 2

telephone #

Thank you for the reply but when I go to help there is no 'contact us' icon.  Secondly my main concern is that the number I was given by the bank person was an actual QB phone #.  Especially since they admitted that I was transferred to a third party that charged me over $700 for support that I did not need and now want me to pay another $400 for a data plan for the enhanced payroll package.  I may not be asking the right question here but I really need some help.

Level 2

telephone #

Thank you for the quick reply but when I go to the help menu there is no 'contact us' icon.  Secondly, my main concern was I really dealing with someone from QB?  Was the number that I was given by the bank person correct, as they admitted that I was transferred to a third party, who then charged me $700  for a support plan that I did not need.  Then when I was having trouble with the direct deposit part of enhanced payroll, I called the same number again and they want me to pay $400 for a data plan.  Do I need it, I am not sure at this point.  That is why I would really like to find a phone # for QB support.  I just am in need of some help that I am not getting at this point.

JonpriL

telephone #

Thank you for the detailed response, @3268.

Allow me to step into your conversation with @Joyce_P and help you get in touch with our Customer Care Support.

First, consider the latest or supported versions of QuickBooks Desktop. This is the reason why you're unable to see the Contact Us button from your QuickBooks Desktop help.

Thus said, you have the option to update your QuickBooks Desktop version. Here's how:

1. Go to this link: https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
  2. Enter the necessary information for your QuickBooks version.
  3. Click Download.

This way, you'll be able to check if your QuickBooks version is up to date. And then, install the update if there's a need to.

On the other hand, you can go directly to this website and get in touch with our support: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact#

Please let me know in the comment section below if you have any other questions about QuickBooks Desktop. It'll be always my pleasure to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us