cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blindmanvail
Level 1

How do I change the settings so that our company address is not autoloaded into the "ship to" field on purchase orders?

I have shipping addresses for each of my customers, but they no longer show up unless I manually designate the "ship to" address in each customers card. How do I choose this as the default shipping address for all of my 10,000+ customers without manually doing it? 

5 Comments 5
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

How do I change the settings so that our company address is not autoloaded into the "ship to" field on purchase orders?

Can you change them as you invoice them and then hit "Make permanent" when prompted on saving the invoice?

JonpriL

Glad to have you here, @blindmanvail!

You'll have to enter your default shipping address by customizing your transaction template. Allow me to help you accomplish this.

@IntuitBrooks is correct. In addition, customizing your transaction template allows you to save a default shipping address.

Let me show you how:

1. Go to Lists.
  2. Select Templates.
  3. Double click to open your transaction template.
  4. Under COMPANY & TRANSACTION INFORMATION, select Update Information.
  5. Select Ship To Address.
  6. Enter your company name and your default shipping address.
  7. Click OK  and then OK.

Once completed, I'm confident you'll have your default shipping address without entering when creating your transaction.

Fill me in if you have any other questions about QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. It'll be always my pleasure to help.

RTM666
Level 1

Hello there,

I'm facing this issue of Changing the US Mail name on my sales receipt SHIP VIA section to USPS .

Any help is appreciatad ... 

Thank you 

Caesar

RTM666
Level 1

Hello there,

I need help with changing the SHIP VIA drop down from Federal Express to FEDEX and US Mail to USPS on my Premier 2020 Desktop Sales Receipt.

Any help is appriciated.

Thank you

Ryan_M

Hi @RTM666,

The shipping methods under the Ship Via drop-down menu appear as is, and doesn't have an option for changes. 

I can see how this feature can be useful to our users. We'll be taking note of this idea you shared. 

On the other hand, if you receive an error message while using the Shipping Manager, check out this article for troubleshooting steps: Error: The Shipping Manager database is newer than the Shipping Manager on this PC. You can find 2 sets of steps, 1 for QuickBooks Desktop, and another for QuickBooks Point of Sale.

Feel free to leave a comment below for additional questions. I'll be glad to answer them.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us