cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEARESPLUMBING
Level 2

Purchase order for an employee

Quickbooks allows us to order material for an employee. (When you click on job names you can select employee names) We issue pos to our vendors when an employee wants to buy a tool and then we just charge this to his account as a loan. Is there a way you can pull up all purchase orders by employee?

4 Comments 4
JonpriL

Glad to have you here, @MEARESPLUMBING!

You can pull up and customize your Transaction List by Date report. I'm here to help you accomplish this.

First, you'll have to search for your Transaction List by Date report from your Reports Center and then customize it.

Let me show you how:

1. Go to Reports.
  2. Select Reports Center.
  3. Enter Transaction List by Date in the search address.
  4. Choose Transaction List by Date.
  5. Select Run.
  6. Click Customize Report.
  7. From the Filters tab, select Name and Transaction Type.
  8. Under All names, select All employees.
  9. Choose Purchase Order from the Transaction Type filter.
  10. Click OK.

Once completed, I'm confident you'll be able to pull up a report including the list of your employee purchase order.

In addition, here's an article you can read to learn more about customizing your reports: Customize Item Reports.

Lastly, you can save this customized report by clicking Memorize. From there, choose a category of your reports so you can find it easily when needed.

Let me know in the comment section below if you have any other questions about your reports. I'll be always around to help.

MEARESPLUMBING
Level 2

Thank you for your response this did not work. I dont think quickbooks can find employee under purchase order because its not a "job"?

MEARESPLUMBING
Level 2

it lets me pick "drop ship to" employee it doesnt let me order for an employee

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, MEARESPLUMBING.

Drop Ship to information is not part of the filtering options in any reports in QuickBooks. If the employee’s information was entered under this field, pulling up a report for purchase order by employee wouldn’t be possible. 

As a work around, you can manually enter the employee’s name under the description field when creating purchase order. 

I’ll also make sure to take note of your preferred way of filtering reports then share it to our engineers for future updates. 

Drop by again if you have other question. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us