cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meadowlandllc
Level 1

I changed my washington workers comp rate on 1/1/19. Now the system is charging the old rate on employees that were here prior to the change and the new rate on new hire

how do I make the old rate inactive effective 1/1/19?
Solved
Best answer April 08, 2019

Best Answers
Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

I changed my washington workers comp rate on 1/1/19. Now the system is charging the old rate on employees that were here prior to the change and the new rate on new hire

Hi @meadowlandllc,

Changing your worker's compensation rate will also change the calculations for your old employees. Let me add a few details and help you further.

In QuickBooks, you can only edit the rate and the effective date for the calculation to be correct. This said it'll apply directly to all your employees.

You can edit your rate again to trigger it. And once you've done this, you can run a sample payroll to check if it calculated correctly for your old employees.

You may read this article for more information: Washington Workers' Compensation Setup and Calculations.

Please let me know if you have other questions about your worker's compensation. I'll be here to help.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

Hi @meadowlandllc,

Changing your worker's compensation rate will also change the calculations for your old employees. Let me add a few details and help you further.

In QuickBooks, you can only edit the rate and the effective date for the calculation to be correct. This said it'll apply directly to all your employees.

You can edit your rate again to trigger it. And once you've done this, you can run a sample payroll to check if it calculated correctly for your old employees.

You may read this article for more information: Washington Workers' Compensation Setup and Calculations.

Please let me know if you have other questions about your worker's compensation. I'll be here to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us