cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to import files from desktop to online after the limited days from signup?

5 Comments 5
GlinetteC

Is there a way to import files from desktop to online after the limited days from signup?

Hi there, anmcsheffrey.

Importing files from desktop to online is available within the first 60 days of your QuickBooks Online company start date.

You'll want to import your file to Excel spreadsheet. Let me show you how:

1. Go to File menu.
  2. Select Utilities > Import > Excel Files.
  3. Click No if you see the Add/Edit Multiple List window.
  4. Then follow the wizard in importing files.

As your reference, you can check this article for more details with importing files:Import or export MS Excel files.

I'll be around if you have additional questions or concerns. Have a good day!

vpcontroller
Level 11

@Anonymous 

Not really. 

You will need to cancel this subscription and get a new QBOsubscription and start all over again.

Since importing from desktop to online will override everything in QBO file anyway, might as well get a new QBO subscription.

TaxCatSC
Level 4

With Quickbooks Online Accountant I have unused company files (been paying for a set of 5 for several years, only 3 in use) and so that I finally convinced one of my clients to switch from Desktop to Online that I could upload her company file...but its way beyond the 60 day limit.  Its an emply, unused online company account.  Is there any way to override the 60 day limit for direct quickbooks desktop to online?  

Or do I  really not get to use the account I'm already paying for? 

Exporting from Quickbooks Desktop to Excel to Quickbooks Online does NOT allow for everything to go through...and this is someone who has been using Quickbooks Desktop for over a decade...there is a LOT to transfer

Jovychris_A

Hi @TaxCatSC.

Currently, we're unable to override the limit to export your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Company file to QuickBooks Online (QBO). I know that this would be uneasy for your client to migrate the QBDT company file.

Though it's an empty and unused company account, this may cause errors when imported with the QuickBooks Desktop company file. For references, see these articles:

If there's a lot of data to transfer, you can use the Condense Data utility in QBDT to reduce your file's overall size and keep all your data and details.

Please let us know if you have other concerns about QBDT to QBO migration. The Community is always ready to help. Take care!

TaxCatSC
Level 4

Thanks for the reply.

Customer support via the Chat Help was able to reset the 60 day restriction and my client's desktop company has been exported to an existing empty online client account.  Yay.  No obvious errors right away.  

So glad this was actually possible, it was the best customer service experience I have had with Intuit in months.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us