cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apcavon
Level 1

layout designer QBMac 2014

I attempted to change one data bit on my invoice template and now have messed up everything..  Even the invoices already completed have been changed to the erroneous format.  Is there a way to go back  to the previous format and start over?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Solved
Best answer April 06, 2019

Best Answers
apcavon
Level 1

The replies were helpful.  However, I paid the big bucks to use the services of the QB Pro Adviser team who resolved the problem for me.  It was more than just a Layout Designer problem....my data file, backups, and time machine backups were all corrupted.  It is now fixed and working satisfactorily again.  Thanks for replying so promptly.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @apcavon.

Glad to have you here in the Community. Allow me to provide some information about the layout designer in QuickBooks for Mac. 

You can still go back to your old template and start a new one by locating the original copy of your template under the template list. You also have the option to edit the template.

Here's how:

1. Click on Customers at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on Create Invoice.
  3. Choose your desired template under the Current Template section.
  4. Select on Edit Current Template.

For more details about layout designer for QuickBooks for Mac, please refer to this article: Layout Designer. This video tutorial will also be a good reference about customizing layout designs for templates: More customization tips for your forms.

You can also read through page 241 of the user guide for more information about the layout designer. 

If you need additional assistance with this process, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have necessary tools like screen-sharing that can guide you through the steps.

This should get you on track.

Please know that you've got me here should you need anything else about layout designs. I'll be around to help you out. Have a great day.

SkinnyRaven
Level 8

If you haven't gone too far restore a backup.

apcavon
Level 1

The replies were helpful.  However, I paid the big bucks to use the services of the QB Pro Adviser team who resolved the problem for me.  It was more than just a Layout Designer problem....my data file, backups, and time machine backups were all corrupted.  It is now fixed and working satisfactorily again.  Thanks for replying so promptly.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us