cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
ACCT1840
Level 1

CONTACTS tab

I'm having issues adding to the CONTACTS tab in Customers.  I've used this in former QB versions but am being told  " Cannot save informnation".  I cannot figure out why.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thx

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

CONTACTS tab

Hi ACCT1840,

I'll do what I can to help you get you past this error so you can add contact information to your customer list.

As a first step of troubleshooting, let's try re-sorting the customer list. Doing this will rearrange the information to the default settings, which may help with getting any kinks out of the system that could be causing the error. With the customer list open in the Customer Centre, click View in the top menu bar and then Re-sort List. Click OK on the warning and the program will do what it needs to do.

Now try entering the contact information again. If it doesn't work, I'd like you to check for data damage on your company file. Data damage can cause errors like this to appear, so finding and addressing them can resolve these kinds of issues. Follow the steps outlined in the Resolve data damage on your company file to learn how to do that.

In the event the error still occurs, please call our phone support team so we can take a closer look. Dial 1-877-772-9158. You'll be able to reach Pro and Premier support 24 hours a day while Enterprise support is available Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.

Enjoy your day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us