cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Etsy accounting - will it ever be integrated with QuickBooks?

In October 2018 Etsy changed the way they do their accounting. No longer do I pay my fees by a monthly bill, enabling me to just imput twelve transactions a year to QuickBooks and all payments and associated fees were just pulled through automatically. Now, payments are pulled through automatically, but Etsy list VAT as a separate charge which is not pulled through, and in addition to that they list four transactions for each sale and two for each listing renewal, and this is all now deducted straight from my payment account.

Is this ever going to be integrated into Quickbooks, or am I facing having to input a stupid amount of transactions myself manually? Or am I missing something and there is a quicker way to do it? I cannot see the wood for the trees right now. While I could unconnect Etsy and just input the totals they give me each month, this only began in October, and disconnecting the account will remove all data, so I would have to manually input everything from prior to that date, and they have not given me monthly totals, so it would be each individual transaction going back years.

5 REPLIES 5
John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi SimplyDiveThings

Do you have Etsy connected as a 3rd party app or an account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an account.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

As this is connected as a bank account, disconnecting will not remove any transactions already added from the bank feed. Disconnecting only removes transactions in the 'For Review' section. From what you have described, we would advise it would be best to do this and then just enter the monthly totals going forward.

Thanks, 

Talia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure as it comes up with a big warning saying all previous data will be deleted if I disconnect. 

Will it ever be integrated as I've still got to sift through all transactions for six months to remove duplicate information which will take me weeks.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Ah, are you using Self Employed? If so, that is the case, you will lose the data.

You will need to use the following feedback tool to suggest this to the developers: https://selfemployeduk.uservoice.com/ They will then register the interest in this and look into implementing it in the future.

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us