cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
SJEC1105
Level 1

Finding previous bank reconciliations in desktop premier

Using desktop Premier 2016, I need to know when the previous administrator reconciled an account. I see that checks are marked cleared, but I would like to know WHEN they were marked as cleared. I'm not having any luck running the Previous Reconciliation report. We are undergoing internal audit - need to know about previous reconciliation reports but I can't find them.

4 Comments 4
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, 

It's essential that you know when the previous administrator reconciled your account for your internal audit. I'd be happy to help you find that information. 

QuickBooks Dekstop has a report called the "Audit Trail Report", that tells you what changes affected your company's books during a specified accounting period, and who made the changes. You'll be able to see when the reconciliation took place and who made the action of completing it. 

Here's how to find the report: 

1. Choose Reports from the top menu bar.

2. Click Report Center.

3. Search Audit Trail in the report window search bar.

4. Hover over the report and click Run.

You can customize the report as needed, keeping a close eye on the date-range. I hope this helps. If you have any outstanding questions, please don't hesitate to comment down below. 

Have a great day!

impossible
Level 6

You can find Previous Reconciliation Reports by going to Reports>Banking>Previous Reconciliation. When the window opens, select the Bank Account and the Statement End Date from the dropdown list. If the Statement End Date is blank, the account has never been reconciled in Quickbooks.

CHARP1
Level 1

Would this route apply to Quickbooks online as well?  Reports>Banking>Previous Reconciliations

Nick K
QuickBooks Team

Hi CHARP1.

Being able to see past reconciliations is a great way to help keep your books correct and catch any errors that may have happened. I'd be happy to help you with this.

QuickBooks Online makes seeing your past reconciliations easy by having them all in one spot. In order to pull up your previous reconciliations you'd need to go to: Reports>For my accountant>Reconciliation reports. 

If you have any questions feel free to reach out and we'd be happy to help!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us