cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doriagrace
Level 1

Undo Reconciliation/Restore deleted items

Hi there,

In learning QB, I did my reconciliation first, then added/accepted transactions from the banking screen, instead of the other way around. This ended up causing multiples of transactions. I went in and deleted them (some of which were already reconciled). I would like to restore these deleted transactions or to undo the reconciliation completely. Please let me know what I can do to remedy this. Thank you!

1 Comment 1
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Undo Reconciliation/Restore deleted items

Thanks for reaching out to us, @doriagrace.

I’m here to provide some information about reconciliation in QuickBooks.

Reconciliation is the process of comparing the beginning balance and transactions listed in QuickBooks with the bank statements to make sure they match. This particular feature is currently unavailable in the Self-Employed version.

The system automatically pulls up posted and cleared transactions from the connected account making the data in QuickBooks and your online bank balance match.

However, you were able to reconcile your account, it is possible you have QuickBooks Online. You have to manually remove the R (Reconciled) from each transaction in the register since the Undo reconciliation option is only available in the Accountant version. 

Let me show you how:

1. Go to Accounting and select Chart of Accounts.
  2. Select the account from the list and click View Register from the Action column. 
  3. Find the transactions that need to be unreconciled once at a time.
  4. Click on R on the Check icon column, between Deposit and Balance. Change the status to C (Cleared) or leave it blank.
  5. Hit Save
  6. Choose Yes to confirm that you want to unreconciled the transaction.

reconcile 1.PNGreconcile 2.PNGreconcile 3.PNGreconcile 4.PNG

See unreconciled a transaction or undo reconciliation for reference.

That should get you pointed in the right direction. Reach out to me if you need further assistance, I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us