cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elizanndem
Level 2

Journal entry does not appear on audit log

I am trying to determine who made a specific journal entry. I've looked at the audit log, and the journal entry does not appear at all for the specified date. Do JEs not appear on the audit log? 

Solved
Best answer March 25, 2019

Best Answers
David-212915
QuickBooks Team

You've come to the right place, @elizanndem. I'm here to lend a hand with determining who made the journal entry.

Just to clarify, are you looking in the Audit Log for when the transaction is dated? If so, this tool will sort changes based on when they were made and not on the transaction date. It will also display journal entries. 

If you're unsure of when this journal entry was made, I recommend looking at the Audit History of the transaction. Here's how:

1. Open up the transaction.
  2. Click More at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Choose Audit History.

From this screen, you will be able to see information about this transaction, such as who made it and the date. I've included a brief video to serve as an example:

For additional insight into the Audit Log, such as what information is tracked, please see the following article: The Audit Log: What it is, how to use it.

I'm confident that with this, you'll be able to determine the needed information about the transaction.

Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. Best regards. 

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
David-212915
QuickBooks Team

You've come to the right place, @elizanndem. I'm here to lend a hand with determining who made the journal entry.

Just to clarify, are you looking in the Audit Log for when the transaction is dated? If so, this tool will sort changes based on when they were made and not on the transaction date. It will also display journal entries. 

If you're unsure of when this journal entry was made, I recommend looking at the Audit History of the transaction. Here's how:

1. Open up the transaction.
  2. Click More at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Choose Audit History.

From this screen, you will be able to see information about this transaction, such as who made it and the date. I've included a brief video to serve as an example:

For additional insight into the Audit Log, such as what information is tracked, please see the following article: The Audit Log: What it is, how to use it.

I'm confident that with this, you'll be able to determine the needed information about the transaction.

Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. Best regards. 

pubvet
Level 1

"More" is not appearing at the bottom of the screen for Journal Entries. All entries. 

LollyNino_C
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @pubvet.

Thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry about the "more" option not appearing at the bottom of the Journal Entry in QuickBooks Online (QBO). Let me help you sort this out.

I attempted to create a journal entry (JE) for both new and old interfaces and discovered that the More button only appears after saving the JE and reopening it.

I’ve added screenshots for visual reference.

To gain a deeper understanding of QuickBooks Online journal entries, you can explore the article: Create a journal entry in QuickBooks Online.

On the other hand, here's a report you can run to get an overview of the transactions recorded in the system.

Let me know if you need additional information about handling journal entries in QuickBooks. I'll be right here to help you.

jlally1945
Level 1

I am the new bookkeeper and new to QB , where can i find the monthly close list/log of manual journal entries that have been written to close the books. 

ArielI
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @jlally1945.

I can help you view the monthly close list of your journal entries.

To view the journal entry you made, you have three options to view the closed list. Here are some ways to view journal entries:

1. Click the Gear icon and select Audit log.
  2. It's available in the Account Register, accessible from your Chart of Accounts and View Register.
  3. You can see this in the reports and search for Journal.

Furthermore, you can learn what you must do in QuickBooks Online to close out the previous year and prepare for the new one. This may be helpful for you in the future: Year-end guide for QuickBooks Online.

If you have any questions about viewing your monthly closed list, please feel free to ask. We will respond as soon as possible. Take care!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us