Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
whizkidgps
Level 1

Custom field implementation in QuickBooks Online

I'm trying to invoke QuickBooks Online WebAPI in order to post all my Invoices (from my application) to QuickBooks Online. After analysis of QuickBooks WebAPI, I came to know that 3 custom field mapping can be added. Can you please assist me on the following Questions?

1) I need to group my "Product\Services" towards "Model" which we are offering to customers.  As per my business requirement, I need to do mapping of "Product\Services" against each "Model" as defined below

S.No

Services Provided

Model Name

1. Consulting Fees

2. Processing Fees

Model 1

1. Processing Fees

2. Misc. Fees

Model 2

1. Consulting Fees

2. Operational Charges

3. Customer Support

Model 3

As you see above, the same service(s) might have exists under different Model. When invoking WebAPI, I need to generate a "Line" object for each product under one Model.  I understand that the "Model" can be accomplished using custom field in "Line" object. 

I already did custom field mapping for "Invoice" object and it’s working as expected. Is there any possibility to add custom field in "Line" object?  Please assist me on this.

2) QuickBooks allowing us to add 3 custom fields. Can we add 3 custom field for “Invoice” object and 3 custom fields for “Line” object?

Solved
Best answer March 26, 2019

Accepted Solutions
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the response, whizkidgps.

Thank you for providing a screenshot, and sharing the complete details on how you record the products/services. Allow me to chime in for a moment and address your concern about adding custom fields.

The Intuit Developers Forum is a place where customers, engineers, and product developers come together, discuss a variety of development topics and answer integration questions. I suggest posting this question on their page so one of our developers can provide you detailed information about the End User Licence Agreement URL & Privacy Policy URL.

If you want to continue using the trial version, simply enter your credit card information on the Billing and Subscription page.

1. In your QBO company, go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Select Account and Settings, then choose Billing and Subscription on the left panel.
  3. In the Payment method section, click on the Edit link.
  4. On the Payment Information page, enter the credit card information.
  5. Click on Save.

sub2.pngsub2.png

To learn more on how the application can help run your business efficiently, click on this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/pricing/.

From there, you’ll see a detailed list of features available in QBO and it's subscription fee as well.

This information should point you in the right track.

Let me know how it goes after reaching out to our Product Development Team.  I'm always here to help. Have a good one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for posting your question on Community.

I think after looking at the first part of your question the developer page may be of more help which can be found here. Your next question with regards to custom fields these are only available on the invoice and not as line items we always look at how we can improve so you can leave feedback on this link here.

Please let us know if there is anything else which we can help you with.

whizkidgps
Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I'll contact developer page for my first question as you redirected.

Currently, I've been using Trial version of QuickBooks online which will support only 3 custom fields. If I purchase subscription, how many custom fields can be created?

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello whizkidgps,

The trial version is the same as the purchased version, and so you will still only have the option for 3 custom fields.

Thanks,

Talia

whizkidgps
Level 1

hi,

Currently, I've been using Trial version of Intuit account by creating app in developer.intuit.com site and invoking QuickBooks Online WebAPI from my .NET web application using "Client ID & Client Secret".

As a next step, I need to take this into Production. When I gone through Go-Live (https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/go-live) instruction,  I came to know that "End User Licence Agreement URL" & "Privacy Policy URL" has to be provided in order to get Production Keys.  Please assist me on following questions.

1) How to get "End User Licence Agreement URL" & "Privacy Policy URL"

2) How will I purchase QuicKBooks Online subscription in order to post all my data from .NET web applicaation?

3) What's the features you will be providing when I purchase QuickBooks Online subscription?

4) What's the cost I need to spend on getting QuickBooks Online subscription?

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the response, whizkidgps.

Thank you for providing a screenshot, and sharing the complete details on how you record the products/services. Allow me to chime in for a moment and address your concern about adding custom fields.

The Intuit Developers Forum is a place where customers, engineers, and product developers come together, discuss a variety of development topics and answer integration questions. I suggest posting this question on their page so one of our developers can provide you detailed information about the End User Licence Agreement URL & Privacy Policy URL.

If you want to continue using the trial version, simply enter your credit card information on the Billing and Subscription page.

1. In your QBO company, go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Select Account and Settings, then choose Billing and Subscription on the left panel.
  3. In the Payment method section, click on the Edit link.
  4. On the Payment Information page, enter the credit card information.
  5. Click on Save.

sub2.pngsub2.png

To learn more on how the application can help run your business efficiently, click on this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/pricing/.

From there, you’ll see a detailed list of features available in QBO and it's subscription fee as well.

This information should point you in the right track.

Let me know how it goes after reaching out to our Product Development Team.  I'm always here to help. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us