cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
lori12
Level 2

Why is there an extra line called other being added into my subitems when printing the job estimate vs actuals report?

5 Comments 5
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Why is there an extra line called other being added into my subitems when printing the job estimate vs actuals report?

Hi Lori,

I appreciate you reaching out in the Community. I'd be happy to help with your report. To make sure I'm on the same page as you, could you send me a screenshot of where you're seeing the extra line? 

I'll be on standby. :) 

lori12
Level 2

here is a copy of the report. In my estimate I do not have for example 01 Plans - other anywhere as an item

Thanks,

lori

JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Great, thanks for sending the screenshot. The extra field is a default in QuickBooks and can't be removed. It's there to show the transactions associated with the parent account. I encourage you to send this feedback over to our engineers. You can do this by clicking the Help menu and look for Send Feedback Online. New product ideas and improvements are largely based on the feedback we get from other users like you. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm here to help. 

lori12
Level 2

Ok thanks! Will do

impossible
Level 6

It is NOT an extra field. QB creates it when you use the Parent (or Heading) Item (or Account) instead of the Sub-Item or Sub-Account. For instance: once an Item has Sub-Items, it becomes the Total of all the Sub-Items. I see that you have a Parent (or Heading item  labelled 02 Permits. You also have a Sub-Item labelled 02-1 Permits. If you use the 02 Permits item in a transaction, QB creates the item 02 Permits (other) because you used a Heading (or Total) item.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us