Level 1

How to change password

I need to change password to my account 

5 Comments 5
AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

How to change password

Greetings, Joerile75.

Nice to see you here in the Community. I'm here to provide some insight on how to change your password.

Just to clarify, are trying to change your QuickBooks company file or the Online Account password? If it's for the company file, the steps below will guide you on how to change it:

1. In the QuickBooks Desktop Login window, click the I forgot my password hyperlink.
  2. Fill out the required information:
    - Your License Number for the version of QuickBooks you’re using. You can press F2 from the login window to see your license number.
    - The Name, Email Address, Phone number, and ZIP code you originally used when you purchased the product.
  3. Click OK. Then, we'll send you a code at your registered email address.
  4. Get the code from your email and enter back in QuickBooks. The program will then guide you through creating a new admin password.

However, if it's for your Online Account, then you'll need to reset your password in the Customer Account Management Portal Site (CAMPS). For additional insight about these processes, I'm also including this article: Reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop

That should do it. With these resources, I'm confident that you'll be able to change your password in no time!

Let me know if you need further assistance. I've got your back and am always willing to lend you a helping hand. Have a good one.

ergoman
Level 1

How to change password

We have 2 passwords required---which is unnecessary.

First to open QuickBooks and 2nd to send emails.

We have been using these for the last several years and suddenly cannot get you to accept the one for sending the emailed items.

Can we delete that second password need forever. If not how do we change it.

Edward Brown

license # [removed]

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

How to change password

Thanks for joining the discussion, @ergoman.

There are several steps that we'll need to perform to get this issue sorted out. I've got you covered in doing the procedure so you can get back to business.

Updating your QuickBooks to the latest release is a good start to help fix emailing concerns. QuickBooks regularly provides maintenance release and product (software) updates to fresh your software and to be updated. 

Next is to check the settings in the webmail  preferences:

1. At the top menu bar, click Edit.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. Click Send Forms on the left panel.
  4. Under My Preferences tab, select the email account you're using.
  5. Click Edit.
  6. Mark the SSL box, or just select Default.
  7. In the Server Name field, make sure the server name matches your email provider's settings

However, if you've received incorrect password messages please follow the detailed instructions in this article to resolve this: QuickBooks Will Not Accept my WebMail Password.

You also have the option to change the password of your email outside QuickBooks, since the password used when sending emails will depend on the actual email password that you’re using outside QuickBooks. (e.g. Gmail password, Yahoo password, etc).

One of our Customer Support Team would also be glad to help you with this. They have the tools necessary to check your company file and help you send emails.

You can always get back to me if you need more help with this concern. I'll be around to lend a hand. Take care!

Tabi 1
Level 1

How to change password

can you change my password

JenoP

How to change password

We'd really want to help you change your login information, Tabi 1.

However, we're unable to change passwords in behalf of QuickBooks users. The Community is a public forum and we don't have the right tools to access accounts in this platform.

If you're trying to change the password to your company file, follow the steps in this article on how reset it: Reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop.

If you're trying to change the password for your Intuit account, this article is the one to follow: Sign-in help for My Account.

You can also reply to me in case you're trying to change a password for a different login. We're always to get you to the right place.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us