cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
Nicola Ellen
Level 1

Entering Bank Transactions Manually?

I have recently switched two bank accounts over from NatWest, but need to upload the transactions  to quickbooks. As I've already left the bank they won't send me CSV files, so are sending the print outs in the post. Is there anyway to scan and upload these files or will I have to somehow put the details manually?

I don't seem to be having much luck so far with this system as only 1 receipt out of all I've scanned has been recognised and none of my email receipts - so the process hasn't been as quick and efficient as I'd hoped. 

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Solved
Best answer March 19, 2019

Accepted Solutions
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hi Nicola

Are you using the QuickBooks Online or the Self Employed package? If you are scanning the  statement in what file type are you saving as? The only way to import them in is if you could convert them to a CSV.

The receipt has to be clear for it to auto scan and upload without entering any information,depending on the package you are using however there may be an alternative option

Emma

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hi Nicola

Are you using the QuickBooks Online or the Self Employed package? If you are scanning the  statement in what file type are you saving as? The only way to import them in is if you could convert them to a CSV.

The receipt has to be clear for it to auto scan and upload without entering any information,depending on the package you are using however there may be an alternative option

Emma

Nicola Ellen
Level 1

Thanks for your response. 

I am using the Self Employed package. I haven't tried scanning them but wondered if that were an option...I'm not sure if you could turn them into CSV files but I can investigate.

It seemed my Ikea receipts were the only ones which scanned properly!?

Nic

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Scanning would be a good shout to start - normally, they import as .pdf when scanning, and this can be converted, depends how clear it is.

How many transactions is there, are we talking less than 100, 100-500? 500+?

The .csv only needs 3 pieces of information, a Date, an Description and an amount - Positve or Negative. - you could manually create one, depending on the number of transactions. It's surprising how quick it will go once you get into the hang of it.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us