Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
RR-UK
Level 1

Bank connection no longer works and I can not manually upload statements

I use Barclays Bank and all year I have been without any records. I have trtied everything that the support team have asked me to do. Including changing my bank sign in to memorable word instead of membership number.

The most frustrating thing is even when I upload my statements manually they won't show up as Quickbooks says it already recognises them.

So what is the answer??? And why do so many banks not work??? And more importantly how are you going to resolve this for me because I am still paying you every month for nothing?????

10 REPLIES 10
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello RR-UK,

When you upload the statements, what is the exact error message you get?

We will of course continue to look into this for you, and apologise that we have not yet found you a fix.

Thanks,

Talia

VW Hire
Level 2

I am having the exact same issue, nothing is working. and likewise I am paying a monthy fee . 

has QBSE found a fix yet? 

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello VW Hire,

Th issue with Barclays accounts should now be fixed - are your transactions not coming through? Are you also not able to manually upload transactions?

Thanks,

Talia

VW Hire
Level 2

nope i dont believe barclays exports in csv   and downloads in pdf

the reconnecting fix is a myth    its still not working   and i I've tried alot of ways   how can i update bank info on qb self employed it does not have a banking tab on the left hand side

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

The above steps are for QuickBooks Online. Could you please refresh the account by going to the cog wheel and then bank accounts?

Thanks,

Talia

VW Hire
Level 2

Yes I have tried this it still does not work 

RaymondJayO

Hello there, @VW Hire

I appreciate you performing a manual update on your bank account. 

Let's perform some steps so you'll be able to fix the Barclays connection issue in the program.

Just to confirm, are you receiving an error message when trying to manually update it? This way, I can provide the correct resolution to your concern. 

To help isolate the issue, you'll need to use a private browser since it doesn’t store data in the cache. This way, we can check to see if this is a browser-related issue or not. 

To open a private browser, you can press Ctrl + Shift + P if you're using Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. For Safari, press Command + Shift +N. You can press Ctrl + Shift + N for Google Chrome. 

Then, you can start clearing the browser cache to get a clean slate for your browser. If the private browser doesn't work, I'd suggest using another compatible browser.

Once done, you'll have to sign back into your QuickBooks Self-Employed account. Then, let's manually refresh your bank account again to see if it works. 

If you're receiving a specific error, I'm adding these helpful articles on how to fix them: 

If the same issue still persists, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Self-Employed Support Team. They can review your account and double-check why you're still unable to connect your bank into the system.

This will get you in the right direction, @VW Hire

I’m always here to help if you need anything else. Have a good one. 

VW Hire
Level 2

manual adding works

but

it caused duplicates and now having to exclude them, i have to choose the right one to exclude  

even tho i would rather delete them

but connecting the bank account is still not working.   I've tried everything 

I've emailed you guys  and tried every thing

qb self-employed has let me down at the moment.

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi VW Hire

We would be grateful if you can DM us on Twitter or PM us on Facebook with the email address associated with your QuickBooks account to enable us to assist your further.

Are you receiving any error message/code when you are attempting to connect/update your account?

VW Hire
Level 2

i have facebook

some one else told me to pm on facebook  so i went on facebook and sent a PM asking for assistance and nothing in return   so you will have to send me the facebook link to get me on the right page  to private message  please

quickbook self employed

Need to get in touch?

Contact us