cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
s12r34m56i
Level 1

I did QB desk top for payroll, end of the year when creating 4s CRA indicating not sufficient CPP deducted and when employee do their taxes not enough taxes deducted. WhyT

I did QB desk top for payroll, end of the year when creating T4s CRA indicating not sufficient CPP deducted and when employee do their taxes not enough taxes deducted. Why?

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

I did QB desk top for payroll, end of the year when creating 4s CRA indicating not sufficient CPP deducted and when employee do their taxes not enough taxes deducted. WhyT

Hello,

I can help you with this so you can be sure QuickBooks Desktop is making the correct calculations for you and your employees. To find out why not enough taxes were deducted, let's first take a look at how you've set up each employee to verify the TD1 information is correct. You can review TD1 information by following these steps.

1. Go to the Employees menu at the top of your screen.
  2. Select Employee Centre.
  3. Double click an employee name to open the Edit Employee window.
  4. Click the Payroll Info tab on the left.
  5. Click the Taxes and TD1 button.
  6. Ensure the employee is set up for the correct provincial tax table.
  7. Review the Federal TD1 and Provincial TD1 amounts.
  8. Click OK once done.

Do this for each of your employees. If everything is looking okay there, the next step is to make sure you've got the most up-to-date tax table information. QuickBooks Desktop draws tax table calculations from the CRA to ensure payroll is correct. Use the Download the latest payroll tax table update article to check which tax table version you're using and download the latest one if necessary.

If you need a hand with that or everything looks as it should, please give our phone support team a call so we can take a closer look at what's happened. You can reach out at 1-877-772-9158. Pro and Premier support agents are available 24 hours. Enterprise support can be reached from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST.

I hope that helps! Feel free to stop by the community again if you have more questions!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us