cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valentineheatingandair
Level 2

Some paid invoices and invoices paid via quickbooks appearing in Accounts Receivable chart

Hello, 

I've attached a picture of this problem. Why are these paid invoices in accounts receivable? Also, some of my invoices paid via Quickbooks Pay are listed under Undeposited Funds. 

Help! 

3 Comments 3
RaymondJayO

Some paid invoices and invoices paid via quickbooks appearing in Accounts Receivable chart

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community, @valentineheatingandair

I appreciate you providing a screenshot above to get a better picture about your invoice payments.

I'll share some information about the paid invoices appearing in your Accounts Receivable (A/R) chart. 

Recording customer payments in QuickBooks Online (QBO) will help you generate accurate Income and Receivable reporting. Once you’ve been paid for an invoice, these will appear on the A/R Register since these transactions are included in your Balance Sheet report.

For your invoices paid via QuickBooks Payments, it's possible the correct bank account wasn't selected on the Where do you want to record payments? box in the Settings. This maybe the reason you're seeing them under Undeposited Funds list.

The Undeposited Funds account is an internal “other current asset account” created by QuickBooks to hold funds until you're ready to deposit them. It also serves as a default "deposit to" account when you receive payments from invoices. It's designed to work with the receive payments and bank deposit features to complete the invoicing process. 

To help fix this, let's first make sure that your payments will be recorded to the correct accounts. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top right.
  2. Select Account and Settings, then choose Payments from the left menu.
  3. In the Chart of Accounts section, select the Pencil (edit) icon.
  4. For Where do you want to record payments?, choose the correct bank account.
  5. For Where do you want to record processing fees?, choose the proper expense account for tracking processing fees.
  6. Click Save.

For your reference, you can go through this great article: Choose Where to Record Payments and Processing Fees for QuickBooks Payments.

Once verified, you can change the Deposit To field from Undeposited Funds to the correct bank account. This way, it will ensure the money you receive from payments is accurately recorded. Here's how: 

1. Open the paid invoice on the A/R register
  2. Click the 1 payment made link on the Invoice page. 
  3. Click the payment date. 
  4. On the Receive Payment page, choose the correct bank account. 
  5. Click Save and close

For more details, you can check out this helpful article: Record Bank Deposits

Please update me how it goes on your end, @valentineheatingandair. Rest assured, the Community will always have your back. Take care and enjoy your day!

valentineheatingandair
Level 2

Hi Raymond,

Unfortunately it was already set up to receive payments in the correct bank account. Here's (hopefully) a better picture. Why are my quickbooks showing up as credits and payments also? 

Thank you so much 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, valentineheatingandair.

The AR register shows all the activities when you create an invoice.  When an invoice was created, a credit entry will show up on the register. While when you make payment to that invoice, a payment/debit entry will show up on the register to offset the amount. 

Moreover, you can make sure to post payments receive to the right account by contacting to our merchant services team. Here’s how:

1. Visit this link: https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-payments-help-en-us
  2. Choose your product from the menu. 
  3. Go to Still need help section and click Contact us. 

Please feel welcome to visit again if you have other questions about QuickBooks. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us