cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcfarlandrr1
Level 2

Payroll withholding failed

Using manual payroll option and direct deposit checks have nothing taken out at state/federal.  This was automatic in the past. The checks deposit tomorrow; how do I subtract and catch the checks?

Solved
Best answer March 13, 2019

Best Answers
FritzF

Hi there, @mcfarlandrr1.

It's nice to see you again in the Community. I'm here to share some information about federal and state income taxes.

The most likely reason why these taxes are not calculating are the following:

• Annualized salary exceeds the salary limit.
  • The gross wages of the employees are too low.

Our system calculates the tax based on:

• Taxable wages.
  • The number of allowances/dependents.
  • Pay frequency.
  • Filing status.

For more information, you can also check out the IRS 2018 Publication 15 and proceed to the Percentage method (page 44-45).

On the other hand, since the checks are already processed, I suggest contacting our Payroll Support team. They have tools that can pull up and check your account and process the corrections. You can visit this link to get their most updated contact information: https://community.intuit.com/browse/standalone-intuit-payroll-contact-us.

This should answer your concern for today. Please let me know how it goes after contacting them. I'm only a few clicks away if you have any additional questions. Wishing you and your business continued success!

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
FritzF

Hi there, @mcfarlandrr1.

It's nice to see you again in the Community. I'm here to share some information about federal and state income taxes.

The most likely reason why these taxes are not calculating are the following:

• Annualized salary exceeds the salary limit.
  • The gross wages of the employees are too low.

Our system calculates the tax based on:

• Taxable wages.
  • The number of allowances/dependents.
  • Pay frequency.
  • Filing status.

For more information, you can also check out the IRS 2018 Publication 15 and proceed to the Percentage method (page 44-45).

On the other hand, since the checks are already processed, I suggest contacting our Payroll Support team. They have tools that can pull up and check your account and process the corrections. You can visit this link to get their most updated contact information: https://community.intuit.com/browse/standalone-intuit-payroll-contact-us.

This should answer your concern for today. Please let me know how it goes after contacting them. I'm only a few clicks away if you have any additional questions. Wishing you and your business continued success!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us