cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
achildsAmanda
Level 2

Quickbooks Self Employed account no longer connecting to my bank account

I have been unable to connect my Quickbooks Self Employed account to my HSBC Business Bank account since 1st March 2019. Prior to that it worked just fine and always updated whenever I refreshed and entered the security code. Now it just says :

"Looks like the connection to HSBC Bank (UK) - Business Banking isn’t available right now.

Try again in a few hours. (102)"

As that's been happening for weeks it doesn't seem very helpful. Nor can I find any other way of getting help other than here. Why is it not possible to phone someone about this or chat with someone? Or am I missing something? I've tried to get support through chat and email and just get sent round in circles getting nowhere.

Other discussions seem to report similar problems but it seems the only suggested answer is entering manually or getting files from your bank, which surely defeats the objective of using Quickbooks, having an automated system that helps keep track of things by reducing the need to do it all manually. Any advice welcome please, this is driving me mad!

11 REPLIES 11
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello achildsAmanda,

Firstly, in terms of contacting support, you can also reach us through Facebook and Twitter via QuickBooksUK - you will receive a reponse within half an hour.

What steps have you been advised by the chat/email agents, just to make sure I'm not repeating those you've already been told about.

Thanks,

Talia

achildsAmanda
Level 2

Hi Talia, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I've not been advised anything by chat or email agents, they all just pointed me to each other or the help page, without offering any advice. I've seen a thread that mentions a similar issue, though I think is for QBO rather than Self Employed, which you can see here:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Banking/Connect-bank-account-not-working/m-p/238689?advanced...

Thanks for your help. 

Amanda

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Amanda,

I apologise for the support you have been offered so far. We have a few steps we can try. First, could you please clear your cache and cookies? You may need to search how to do this for your specific browser. If on Chrome, make sure the time range is set to 'All time'. Once you have done this, refresh QuickBooks - this will log you out. Log back into the account and click on the pencil icon in the blue box where your bank balance is displayed. Select 'edit sign in info' and log back into your bank.

Please let us know if this resolved your issue, if not we can move on to other steps.

Thanks,

Talia

achildsAmanda
Level 2

Hi Talia, 

Thanks, I have done that. There is no blue pencil icon. From the Home page of my account, in the "Accounts" window there is an error sign on the "Cash" section, as there usually is when the bank account is not connected. I have clicked on this in the usual way and tried to connect the bank account again but still get the same error message. 

thanks,

Amanda

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Amanda,

Could you now try opening a private or incognito window and trying this again?

Thanks,

Talia

achildsAmanda
Level 2

Hi Talia, 

I still get the same result I'm afraid. Would it be worth contacting my bank?

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Amanda,

First, could you try logging into HSBC's site and check if there are any messages suggesting that they are undergoing maintenance or having any server issues? Could you make sure you can view all the information in your HSBC account without issue?

Thanks,

Talia

achildsAmanda
Level 2

Hi Talia, 

I have done that and can access everything just fine through HSBC. I have also just phoned them and they say that they have had quite a few phone calls from Quickbooks customers about this problem but that there are no problems their end to account for this.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Amanda,

Do you have access to Facebook or Twitter? If so, could you please go to QuickBooksUK and private message us your email address so we can look into your account.

Thanks,

Talia

routjledge
Level 1

i have the same problem, is there any resolution? quickbooks is useless to me if i cannot connect my bank account

JenoP

Hi there, routjledge.

We'd want to make sure you're able to download your transactions from HSBC. Just want to ask though, have you followed the steps shared in the previous reply?

If you haven't yet, please try switching to a different browser and log back in. Then, click the Refresh All button to make another banking update. 

However, if you're still getting a connection error, please contact our Email and Chat Support Team. Just click Assistant in the upper-right hand of QBSE. They can take a look at your account and help you further with your banking transactions. 

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us