cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
HotPoppy78
Level 1

Bank account has disconnected

My QuickBooks Self Employed account has disconnected from my bank account, so cant view transactions.  I have tried to reconnect but I can't get past the "we want to check your human" page?

Can someone please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello HotPoppy78,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

Are you doing this on the app or a browser?

Thanks,

Talia

S Boucher
Level 1

Browser

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @S Boucher.

Let me share some information so you'd be able to successfully reconnect your bank with QuickBooks. 

Just to clarify, what is the name of the bank you're working on? This is for me to further check on the reason why you're unable to reconnect it. 

In the meantime, you can try reconnecting your bank using a private browser or an incognito browser. This way, we can isolate the prompt you've received for possible browser-related. Here are the keyboard shortcuts that will help you accomplish this in all supported browsers:

• Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+N
  • Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+P
  • Safari: Command+Shift+N

If it's working fine, go back to your old browser and clear your browser's cache. This process will clear up cached-related issues. You can also access your account through another browser.

On the other hand, here's how to reconnect your bank account:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Bank accounts under Transactions
  3. Click the Connect another account menu.
  4. Enter the name of the financial institution or the bank's URL in the Search box from the Connect another bank or credit card window.
  5. From the list, click on the name of the account you’re working on.qbse connect.2.png 
  6. Look for the name of the financial institution from the list.
  7. This will take you to the Sign in to your bank screen.
  8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

You can read through this article for more detailed steps: Reconnect your bank account in QuickBooks Self-Employed.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about connecting the account in QuickBooks. I’m more than happy to help and get this taken care of for you. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us