cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumeet
Level 2

Anyone else in the community disappointed with the usage based pricing? This is the 3rd price change in 18 months.We use lots of Classes and will need to double our fees

5 Comments 5
lynda
Community Champion

Anyone else in the community disappointed with the usage based pricing? This is the 3rd price change in 18 months.We use lots of Classes and will need to double our fees

Hello @sumeet :

We are all unhappy with the usage limits.  My friend and partner, Matthew, @ParkwayInc , has a resolution for those who need to reduce large class lists.  

I work with with law firms and even the smallest firms will hit this threshold with their matters, which are liabilities.

I got to see the QB Advanced program, and it has some nice features.  But the leap in price is significant.

what do you use classes for?

lynda

sumeet
Level 2

Hi Lynda,

I would love to connect with QBO to let them know that the classes piece is absurd. A decision made by a high earning executive who wants more bonus to his stock rise by showing a short term revenue increase. We use classes to calculate profit and losses by project. After all that was the promise given when they first created classes. Who has only 40 projects as a service company? At the end they just want to double their revenue from QBO. Any thoughts on alternatives?

Nick B 503
Level 1

Absolutely. One week ago, the pricing list that QBO would be switching to included classes at every tier of subscribership, effective today, April 11th. Now, I log in and find out that NO, WAIT, ONE WEEK FROM THE DATE WE PREVIOUSLY SAID, A WHOLE DIFFERENT PRICING SYSTEM. It's like they don't think people pay attention to these things. I'm LIVID that QB thinks you can jerk people around like this.
David-212915
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining in the discussion, @Nick B 503. I'm here to provide clarification on subscriptions. 

Usage limits will begin being rolled out on April 18th, which as you referenced is approximately a week later than originally planned. 

I can assure you that there is every intent to communicate changes in a clear and consistent manner. Should you have further questions on this, I recommend the following article: What are usage limits in QuickBooks Online?.

As always, I'm here if I can provide additional clarification on anything. Hope you have a great weekend. 

Nick B 503
Level 1

Y'all went back on what you said was going to be included in the pricing change; you're jerking your customer base around.  Based entirely on this, I have no reason to believe that QB will honor any pricing or functionalities on a week-to-week basis.

The thing that really gets me about the new tiers as they're laid out is that you're basically stripping any functionality out of the lower tiers.  If you want to sunset those subscription levels, you should just do it and stop beating around the bush.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us