cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyM12
Level 3

Edge import

Does anyone have experience working with Edge inventory system and importing into QBs desktop?  

Solved
Best answer March 08, 2019

Best Answers
JessT

Edge import

Hi there, Tammy.

I'd suggest reaching out to Edge's support to check the best way to link your inventories to your sales and sales taxes in QuickBooks.

Since you'll be dealing with inventories now, we have in-product articles that you can use when you need references in the future. Just press F1 to launch the Help window and type something like inventory overview, inventory, etc. Also, when you're on a certain page or section in QuickBooks and you press F1, the Help window will show you the articles related to that page or section.

Feel free to post again if you have other questions.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edge import

Good day, @TammyM12,

I'm here to help you import your inventory items into QuickBooks Desktop.

Before importing data in QuickBooks, please make sure to back up your company file. This is an important insurance, if you lose data for any reason, you can restore the backup anytime.

To start the import process, you'll need to make sure you already enabled inventory tracking. Here's how:

1. Open QuickBooks and log in as Admin.
  2. Go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
  3. Click Items & Inventory then go to the Company Preferences tab.
  4. Mark the Inventory and Purchase Orders are Active tick box.
  5. Click OK when done.

After that, create your inventory accounts. To do that, follow the steps below:

1. Click the Lists menu and choose Chart of Accounts.
  2. Right-click anywhere and click New.
  3. Choose the Account Type. Here are the accounts you need to create types: Income Account to track sales, Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS) Account, Inventory Asset Account.

Next, add your inventory items. You must use the same name, spelling, and capitalization from the file you're importing into QuickBooks.

Once you're done setting up your inventory data, you can now create an Excel spreadsheet. Use these illustrations as guides:

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

To import, follow the steps below:

1. Click the File menu and select Utilities.
  2. Choose Import then Excel Files.
  3. Click No on the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries.
  4. Choose Advanced Import.

That should get you on the right track, @TammyM12. You can use this article to know more about import or exporting MS Excel files in QuickBooks Desktop. 

I appreciate your time today. Please let me know how it goes. I'll be more than happy to help you if you need further assistance. Have a great day!

TammyM12
Level 3

Edge import

In The Edge Inventory import we want to ensure that the import will link sales and sales taxes to the sales tax liability report in QuickBooks.  So far we are not seeing that happen.  

JessT

Edge import

Hi there, Tammy.

I'd suggest reaching out to Edge's support to check the best way to link your inventories to your sales and sales taxes in QuickBooks.

Since you'll be dealing with inventories now, we have in-product articles that you can use when you need references in the future. Just press F1 to launch the Help window and type something like inventory overview, inventory, etc. Also, when you're on a certain page or section in QuickBooks and you press F1, the Help window will show you the articles related to that page or section.

Feel free to post again if you have other questions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us