GST Invoice round off not working correctly

Dear Mr. Sam/Mr Biswa

We have 2 quick book accounts of technowell enterprises/finishpest enterprises

My Login is [removed]

And

[removed]

A few months back

I had requested for modifying your code for accepting the round off value in decimals for items where your code is not printing the round off amount in the bill.

Mr Biswa/Mr Sam had given me a temporary solution that I fill in the round off amount in the

Tracking Amt box.

This is creating problems as my staff sometimes forgets to enter the amt in tracking amt box  and bill printed is not correct.

I am attaching a screen shot of what I am trying to explain. Pl see Roundoff1.jpg

2nd issue is

While displaying the rate when I select exclusive of tax the rate is displayed in 4 to 5 decimals and when the CGST and SGST is being calculated your software is showing different amts for CGST and SGST

This is not acceptable.

Both values should be displayed as same.

Pl see Round off 2 jpg.

How can I give a bill like this to my customer

Mr. Sam/Mr Biswa were both explained this problem nearly 3 months back and had reassured me that they have explained this to their software team and it will be resolved soon and I will be informed of the same.

But there is no response from the quick book team

Both my subscriptions are coming up for renewal soon and I need to think if I should continue with quickbook.

Can you please update me on this or call me and I will connect to anydesk and actually you can see what my issue is.

Till now your customer care response has been excellent but this is frustrating.

Can I expect an immediate reply on this issue

Thanks and regards

Kaizad Billimoria

Roundoff1.jpg
Roundoff2.jpg

Answer

Hi Kaizad,

Thank you for your note on the issue you're facing. QuickBooks is designed to round off up to two decimal places. This being said, we assure you that your total tax calculation will still turn out to be correct as this system is not going to affect the calculations in any way. 

For now, that's how this functionality is made to work, but if there's any change in this, we'll surely keep you posted.

If you still need more clarifications, we can connect you to an expert. Please drop us a message and let us know.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Employee SuperUser

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to QuickBooks Learn & Support for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.