cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnl1
Level 1

Can i save a report to file so that i can send it to someone? I am just talking about a simple report ie Balance Sheet, P&L etc

Can i save a report to file so that i can send it to someone? I am just talking about a simple report ie Balance Sheet, P&L etc

5 Comments 5
Charies_M

You've reached the right support, johnl1.

It's my pleasure to assist you today. Let me help you save and send a report in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

Here's how you can save and email reports as PDF files:

1. Display the report you want to save or email.
  2. Choose File.
  3. Click Print Report.
  4. Click the PDF button to save it as PDF.

Or, you can choose File. Then, click E-mail Report as PDF to email it as PDF.

I'll leave you with a guide to learn more about emailing reports fo QuickBooks Desktop Mac: https://qblittlesquare.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/QuickBooks-for-Mac-2019-1809.pdf

In case you need help from a live support, I recommend calling our QuickBooks Desktop Mac Support. They'll be able to guide you through the whole steps.

Here's how you can contact our phone support: 

1. Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Type-in Technical Support on the search bar.
  4. And click Get the Phone number below.

Fill me in if you need anything else or questions when sending reports, just let me know as I'm always here to help.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

In addition to the other options mentioned you can also export it as a spreadsheet. 

NikkiIlett
Level 1

Are you able to password protect the PDF for simple reports such as the balance sheet or profit and loss?

MariaSoledadG
QuickBooks Team

Hi, NikkiIlett.

Currently, setting up a password to protect simple reports is unavailable in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. You'll want to use the Audit trail to know if there are changes made on a specific transaction. Let me guide you on how.

1. Click Reports on the upper menu.
  2. Select Accountant & Taxes.
  3. Choose Audit Trail.

For future reference, check out this link for more information: Reports And Accounting.

Fill me in if you have other questions. I'll be right here to help.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

You'd have to password protect the PDF using another program.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us