cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justbeachy8
Level 1

HELP! Expenses are showing in bank accounts but not expense accounts

I'm having a HUGE problem. I had to restore quickbooks file from a backup - I have 2012 Pro and when I opened my company file, all the data is gone. It's just completely blank. The backups are blank, the ADR files are blank, etc. I FINALLY found one backup that would actually load, but NONE of the expense account show a total.  When I search the company, they are there, but no matter how I try they will not show up under the actual expense account (I can't even get a total $).

PLEASE HELP!!!!

4 Comments 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you write, "they will not show up under the actual expense account (I can't even get a total $)", where are you looking?  "Under the account"?

justbeachy8
Level 1

When I click on the Expense under Chart of Accounts, I should be able to select All under the date period and see all of the transactions.  I can't see / edit the transactions under a specific type of expense (for example, Computers and Cameras) - I can only see them in report form (but there I CAN see the total amount).

Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: When I click on the Expense under Chart of Accounts, I should be able to select All under the date period and see all of the transactions.

Do what? What does "select All under the date period" mean?

You can create a QuickReport, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

FritzF

Hello there, @justbeachy8.

Thanks for posting in the Community. Allow me to chime in for a moment and help make sure your concern is taken care of.

To add on to what @BRC is asking, are you referring to the Balance Total column on the Chart of Accounts? If so, only the Balance Sheet accounts which have its own register will show a total amount. You can also check out this article and scroll down to Types of accounts for more information: Understand QuickBooks Chart of Accounts.

That should point you in the right direction. Please let me know if you're referring to something by leaving a comment on this thread. I'd be glad to answer if you have any follow-up questions. Have a great rest of the day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us