cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris52
Level 1

Merchant Service

Record Merchant Service deposits - add online payments to QB - two payments in November will not clear out even though have been deposited.  How to I remove them from this screen?   I can not click on them to dismiss selected payment and if I click to make payment I come up with an error - "A payment your are trying to download can not be matched or recorded.  Please record your merchant payments manually".   This is probably because the invoice has already been paid.  So how do I get rid of these.

Is there someone I can call and talk with about this?

1 Comment 1
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Merchant Service

Greetings, @Chris52.

Thank you for visiting us today here in the Community. I can help you get rid of the error message you're getting.

You don't have to manually apply the payments to emailed invoices if your customer paid online. To fix the "A payment you are trying to download can not be matched or recorded.  Please record your merchant payments manually" error:

1. You have to find the invoice for the payment that generates the error.
  2. Void or unapply any payments against the invoice.
  3. Close and reopen Merchant Service Deposits.
  4. The payment will now be recorded.

For detailed instruction, you can refer to this article: Error in Merchant Deposits.

Let me know the results, Chris52. I'm still here to help you further if you have follow-up questions. Wishing you all the best!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us