cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLT
Level 1

CAN'T SIGN INTO QUICKBOOKS PAYMENTS

I GET ERROR MESSAGE 'INTUIT.SPC.AUTHORIZATION.INTERNAL.DEVICEIDPROVIDER' threw an exception. General error in server communication. Do you want to retry.

I BELIEVE THIS STARTED AFTER MY COMPUTER PERFORMED A WINDOWS 10 UPDATE.

14 Comments 14
FritzF

Hi there, @GLT.

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community. I'm here to help fix the issue you're getting when signing into your QuickBooks Payments account.

I checked if there's an ongoing issue about this but there isn't currently one. To isolate this, let's perform some troubleshooting steps that can help us fix this.

If you're using QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT), make sure to update it to the latest release. Here's how:

1. Close your company file, then right-click the QBDT icon on your computer and select Run as administrator.
2. On the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu at the top and pick Update QuickBooks on the drop-down.
3. Go to the Options tab, then click Mark All and Save.
4. Now, on the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update box and select Get Updates.

Once completed, close and reopen QuickBooks. For your reference, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop.

On the other hand, if you're using the online version, try logging into your account using a different or a private browser. There are times that the browser is full of frequently accessed page resources, thus causing some errors and/or unusual responses. To use a private browser, here's how:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + N (Google Chrome).
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Firefox or Internet Explorer).
  • Control + Option + P (Safari).

If it works, go back to your default browser and performclear cache to remove temporary internet files on your computer. Before doing so, make sure to take note of your saved passwords and URLs.

That's it! Please let me know how it goes by leaving a comment on this thread. I'm only a post away should you need further assistance. Take care and have a great rest of the day!

solice0012
Level 1

I am having this same issue and updating quickbooks did not fix anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for joining the conversation, @solice0012,

I appreciate the time you've taken sharing the outcome of the troubleshooting. Since it gives you the same behavior, let's try to disconnect and reconnect your Payments account in QuickBooks.

Perform the following steps:

Unlinking:

1. Open Quickbooks Product Information by pressing F2 on your keyboard.
  2. Check if there’s an Auth ID under Services Information, if yes, proceed to unlink the account by holding down CTRL + A keys on the keyboard.
  3. Close Quickbooks and re-open the file, double check if the Auth ID is already removed.

Linking:

1. To reconnect your Payments account, go to the Company menu.
  2. (Optional) At the top-right section, click on the Sign in link and login using your Intuit Account.
  3. Now go to the Customers menu and select Link Payment Service to Company File.
  4. Login using your QuickBooks Payments Login.

Please check if you can now log in without the error message. However, if you still encounter the error or you're unable to unlink Payments, I would suggest contacting our Payments Support to check your company file and help remove the error message.

In the meantime, you can follow FritzF's advice to log in to the web browser to temporarily access your account and process online payments.

I'd love to hear back from you on how things go. I'll be waiting on standby for your response on this topic. I'm always here to help.

jneria
Level 1

I am receiving the same error , I am not able to sign into quickbooks payment , it is giving me an error "Login failed. Failure Calling Consumer Callback. Please try again" it's been giving me this error for a few weeks and I can't send invoices with credit card information. 

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @jneria.

I notice that you've posted the same question twice and my colleague FritzF has already added an answer to the other one. Just in case you haven't been notified of the new response, here's the link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/install/re-i-am-having-issues-signing-into-quickbo....

Keep me posted on how it goes. I'm still here whenever you need help.

ireale
Level 1

I'm having the same problem too and nothing seems to be working

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining the conversation, @ireale.

I appreciate you trying out some troubleshooting solutions to fix the error message. While doing my research, I found a related post from other users that experienced the same behavior before. 

There are two possible reasons why the issue occurs:

• WMI Service not running properly.
  • Windows Registry contains a bad location.

The fix for the first scenario requires checking the amount of RAM and Processor available in the System Properties. I recommend reaching out to your IT personnel for help in performing the solutions below. 

Here’s how:

1. On your computer, right-click This PC and choose Properties.
  2. Press the Windows and the Pause/Break button on your keyboard at the same time. 

If the Processor and Installed memory show as Not Available, follow the steps from this Microsoft Community article, then reboot the computer and log in to Payments again. 

Otherwise, given that you've already performed all the methods provided in the article, the problem can be due to a bad dll path for cimwin32.dll. Resolve this by adding -bad to the impacted registry key. 

I’m adding a sample below for reference:

• Before: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D63A5850-8F16-11CF-9F47-00AA00BF345C}
  • After: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D63A5850-8F16-11CF-9F47-00AA00BF345C}-bad

See Sign in Completion Failed: The Type Initializer for "Intuit.Spc. Authorization.Internal.DeviceIDProv... as reference. Though the article is from the Accountants Community page, much of the information and steps are relevant to the issue encountered. 

Please let me know how this goes and if you need further assistance. I want to make sure this gets taken care of. All the best!

ireale
Level 1

How do you find the registry key to add "bad".  All the other methods have not worked

ireale
Level 1

Did you ever fix your problem?  I am having the same issue and nothing is working.

AlexV
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, ireale.

We have an open investigation about this error and the root cause is still being investigated. As a workaround, you'll want to temporarily access your QuickBooks Payments account using a browser.

Also, I'd suggest contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Payments Support. That way, your company details will be included on the notification list. Updates will be sent through email.

Reply to this thread if you need anything else. Looking forward to assisting you again.

cjm-security
Level 1

I can't login to Quickbooks Payments at https://merchantcenter.intuit.com/msc/portal/recover/account.  The webpage forces me to reverify/rest password then just produces a spinning circle of death. 

ReymondO
QuickBooks Team

It could be that the stored cache and site data in your browser are the reasons why you're getting the spinning wheel when re-verifying your password, @cjm-security.

We can run some basic troubleshooting steps to fix this right away. Let's start by using a private window when logging in to QuickBooks Payments. This a special mode where the browser doesn't record the browsing activity on the local device, so no trace will be left on the computer.

Simply press these following commands to access this mode:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + N (Google Chrome).
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Firefox).
  • Control + Option + P (Safari).

Once done, try logging in to QuickBooks Payments again. If it's working fine, we'll have to go back to your regular browser and clear the cache to eliminate the junk files.

If you still encounter the same issue, we can use other supported browsers in the meantime so that you can get back to work. The one you're currently using may have a temporary issue with QuickBooks.

In addition, you can log in to the Merchant Service Center to manage your payments account. Just follow these steps:

1. In QuickBooks Online, go to Settings and click Account and Settings.
  2. Select the Payments tab and then click Manage details. A new tab will open and will route to you the Merchant Service Center.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to be of assistance. Just place your concern by clicking Reply and I'll get back to you. Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

wardrobe
Level 1

I am having some issues login into Quickbooks as well seems to be stuck on LOADING and sometimes report a message that says, unknown problem occurred while login in. Please try again. Anyone can provide some assistance would be helpful.

Kurt_M
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you for joining the thread, @wardrobe.

You may want to add a second user to the Merchant account. This way, we can rule out the possibility of having an issue with the program. I'll gladly input the steps below to get you going. To begin, here's how:

1. Sign in to Merchant Service Center.
  2. Go to Account, then select Users and check to see if you already have an account created for your user.
  3. If not, select this invite link.
  4. Enter the email of the user you want to invite, then select a role. Users won't show on your list unless they accept your invitation.
  5. They’ll receive an invitation email to start using QuickBooks Payments. If they already have an Intuit account, they can select Sign in. Otherwise, sign up.
  6. After they sign in, they’ll get a link to the Merchant Service Center.

If they can't see the email, let them check the Spam or Junk folder. For further guidelines, please see this article: Add users to QuickBooks Payments.

Once done, you'll want to use the second user to connect payments to the QBPOS software. If the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. This way, they can check your account in a secure environment and conduct further investigation to determine the root cause of the issue.

Refer to this page for more details: Contact Payments or Point of Sale Support.

Moreover, I've got you this article to help you manage your Merchant service account: Access and manage your QuickBooks Payments account.

@wardrobe, I'll be here in the Community space if you need further assistance accessing your account. You can also post here again if you have any additional QuickBooks-related concerns. Stay safe! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us