cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
connie-howells
Level 1

Can you add a line to an invoice between the subtotal and tax amount?

5 Comments 5
FritzF

Welcome, @connie-howells.

It's nice to see you here in the Community. I'm here to share information about customizing an invoice in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Adding a line between the subtotal and tax amount on an invoice is a great idea! However, this option is currently unavailable in QBO. I'll go ahead and submit a feature request on your behalf directly to our Product Development team. They're constantly looking for great ideas from users, like yourself, when deciding how to enhance QuickBooks.

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: How to customize invoices, estimates, and sales receipts.

That should answer your concern for today. Please post again or leave a comment if you have any follow-up questions. I'll be here to help. Take care and have a wonderful day!

dantheglassman
Level 1

I second this request to add (more than one) line between the subtotal and the tax line. Further these new lines should act like the tax line and allow to add percentages of the subtotal to the grand total.

This is HIGHLY needed.

JaneD

We hear you, dantheglassman.

Thanks for joining us in this thread. I'm here to address your concern with customizing an invoice.

I appreciate your thoughts on adding a line between the subtotal and tax amount on the invoice. Your idea gives and brings all the information in place.

Please know that we are looking for ways to make QuickBooks Online (QBO) better for all users. For any updates and feature enhancements, I suggest checking our website through this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/.

I'll be sure to update this thread if I hear any changes about your input.

This should point you in the right direction. If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask here in the Community. I'd be glad to help.

hjshhs
Level 1

is there an option in QuickBooks Online to add a row due now and due later 

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, @hjshhs

Thanks for taking the time to follow along with the thread. 

Currently, the amount the customer owes will show on invoices and reports. You can reference my screenshot below. 

As for seeing what's due later, are you referring to future invoices? Or do you mean invoices that are past due?

Any extras details you can provide will be a great help in sharing the right steps for you. 

I'll be on the lookout for your reply. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Take care! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us