cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NLAadminAJG
Level 1

Unable to link VENDOR refund to VENDOR credit when there is no open invoice

How do I link a vendor refund to the vendor credit if there is no open invoice? I've followed all of the instructions listed in here, but I can't select an invoice to "set credits' to if there is no invoice to begin with... Pay Bills only shows open invoices... what am I missing here?

Solved
Best answer February 22, 2019

Best Answers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You either enter the Refund as a refund for what you originally costed it for. Example: I bought Office Supplies, then returned and got refunded for a Toner Cartridge = no vendor credit to enter. Just the Deposit.

Or, you have the Vendor Credit, which makes this part of AP. That means the deposit entry or Credit Card Refund entry, looks like this:

Vendor Name, From AP, for the amount

That makes the refund look like a Bill to pay and that shows in Pay bills, making it available for you to apply the Vendor Credit to it.

View solution in original post

qbteachmt
Level 15

4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

You either enter the Refund as a refund for what you originally costed it for. Example: I bought Office Supplies, then returned and got refunded for a Toner Cartridge = no vendor credit to enter. Just the Deposit.

Or, you have the Vendor Credit, which makes this part of AP. That means the deposit entry or Credit Card Refund entry, looks like this:

Vendor Name, From AP, for the amount

That makes the refund look like a Bill to pay and that shows in Pay bills, making it available for you to apply the Vendor Credit to it.

qbteachmt
Level 15

NLAadminAJG
Level 1

That was the missing piece. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

BrandyOCI
Level 1

vendors names do not show up as an option in received from, only customers do.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us