cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erika F
Level 1

Customize wage report

I need to customize a wage report/register to include the following for a specified employee and date range:

Columns Headers:
Date Paid
Pay Period
Compensation type (reg, OT, etc)
Hours
Pay rate
Amount
3 Comments 3
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Customize wage report

Hello there, @Erika F.

Thanks for posting here in the Community. I'd like to share some insights about customizing payroll reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

Currently, being able to customize a wage report which includes the following column headers, Date Paid, Pay Period, Compensation type (reg, OT, etc), Hours, Pay rate, and Amount is not applicable in QuickBooks Desktop. This is because the payroll item is one who generalized the report columns. 

I'd encourage you sharing this idea to our Developers. This way they'll be able to asses on how we can help you run your business easier. 

In order for them to account your suggestions, please follow these steps on your QuickBooks Desktop account:

1. Click the Help menu bar.
  2. Scroll down to Send Feedback Online.
  3. Select Product Suggestion.
  4. Choose Product Suggestion for the Type of Feedback.
  5. Product Area is optional.
  6. Enter your suggestion.
  7. Click Send Feedback.

You can also check out these articles about customizing reports in QuickBooks Desktop for your future reference: 

This amount of information should get you moving today.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

ConnieVH
Level 1

Customize wage report

I wish I could help you out ... we need something similar. You'd think this would be a common payroll report. Basically, a quarterly report BEFORE the Quarterlies are due. We're still 2 weeks out from the end of 2019 Q1, and our health insurance company needs exactly this info, NOW. Guess we'll have to muddle through with **something** just to get the data. Thanks for posting the question ... I too will await an applicable response!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customize wage report

Hi, @ConnieVH.

Thanks for joining the thread. I appreciate you posting here in the Community for available workarounds in getting your preferred wage report.

You can open an Excel-based payroll report if you need information from the State Quarterly Wage List prior to receiving the report in the Payroll Tax Center. Please check this helpful article for more information: Excel-based payroll reports.

This should help get the data you'll need for your health insurance company. If you need help with other payroll summary report in the future, you can check out this helpful article: Create a payroll summary report.

Let me know if you have additional questions about the Excel Payroll report. I'm just a post away if you need help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us