cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcfarlandrr1
Level 2

Additional Federal Withholding

Hello,

I had my first Federal Withholding tax payment rejected.  I was instructed to correct my EFTPS profile and re-submit.  EFTPS is now corrected. I would like to re-submit but QBs still shows the the payments as paid and rejected. They do NOT appear in the Taxes and Liabilities tab. How do I re-submit?

Thanks...Ron

1 Comment 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additional Federal Withholding

Hi there, @mcfarlandrr1,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for reaching out to us. Let's make sure you're able to re-sumbit your Federal payments in Quickbooks.

Since you already corrected your EFTPS profile, you can now void the rejected payment so it goes back to your pending liabilities. Let me guide you how to do that:

1. Go to the Employees menu.
  2. Select Payroll Taxes and Liabilities.
  3. Choose Pay Scheduled Liabilities
  4. In the Payment History section, double click the rejected payment.
  5. Right-click on the transaction, click Void Liability Check.
  6. Click Save & Close.

You should now see the liability in the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section.Process the electronic payment again. Here's how:

1. Go to the Employees menu.
  2. Choose Payroll Center from the drop-down.
  3. In the Payroll Center, click the Pay Liabilities tab.

4. Select the liability you want to pay.

5. Click the View/Pay button.
  6. Check the payment information then click the E-Pay button.

7. In the Agency Login window, re-enter your login information manually.

8. Click Submit then Close.

That should get you to the right directions, @mcfarlandrr1. I've attached this article for you reference with handling rejected payments: Handle an e-payment that has been rejected by the agency

You are always welcome to post again here in the Community. I'm here to help whenever you need me. All the best!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us