cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkB62
Level 1

anyone know of and emv reader that will work with Quickbooks Enterprise?

5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Community, @MarkB62,

I appreciate your time checking this with us. I'll be glad to share some information about the compatible card readers in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here at Intuit, you're able to get GoPayment EMV chip card readers so you can start accepting chip card payments. These readers accept EMV chip, magstripe debit and credit cards that are compatible with QuickBooks Desktop via USB cable.

Please check this article to view our newest card readers that best work with your QuickBooks product: QB21 and QB31 mobile card reader compatibility and setup.

You can also visit our website for your QuickBooks GoPayment Chip and Magstripe Card Reader pricing options.

That should give you the information you need with the reader compatibility and setup. 

If you ever need help with QuickBooks, please don’t hesitate to reach back out to me here in the Community. I’m always around to support you.

MarkB62
Level 1

Thank you for the reply but the emv chip reader from Quickbooks is not working. I am assuming that is because my data file is out on the cloud and I use  Remote Desktop Connection to access my QuickBook Enterprise File. We have several computers at 3 different locations and  I am looking for something that would work other that just the mag stripe.  Thank you. 

MarkB62
Level 1

I use Remote Desktop to access my Quickbooks Enterprise out in the cloud. The Quickbooks emv chip reader is not working. I am trying to replace the mag stripes we use. 

JessT

Hello MarkB62,

It's best if you can get in touch  with our QuickBooks Payments phone support team to test your card reader. You can also ask them for options that will apply to your setup. You can get their number in this article: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us.

If you have other questions, feel free to go back to this thread.

gotomyerp
Level 3

VIP EMV transaction – is hosted in a cloud-based server solution but does not use Intuit Merchant Services today. It is usually best served for organizations with 3 or more users. The major advantage of accessing the terminal via web service in this way is that it allows for instant software updates. It's easy for sure can be helpful when you have a service desk where you need credit cards and mostly no cash. https://www.vipintegratedpayments.com/quickbooks-hosting

See you in the clouds.

gotomyerp

Need to get in touch?

Contact us