cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davido
Level 3

Paypal transactions show up in register correct but in the account they are marked "for review" and have wrong description, categories...

Try to make it short:
Paypal account did not update.
"Thanks" to quickbooks customer service I have now a paypal account that has a paypal register with correct entries but all those entries show up as "to review" in the banking overview  (add and transfer option to choose).   Also the categories/descriptions are not correct. Any ideas.???
3 Comments 3
RaymondJayO

Paypal transactions show up in register correct but in the account they are marked "for review" and have wrong description, categories...

Glad to have you here in the Community, @davido

I appreciate you contacting our QuickBooks Online (QBO) Customer Service Team to help you import your PayPal transactions into QBO. 

Let's correct the categories and description for your PayPal transactions.

We use details available from PayPal to decide what category to assign to each transaction. Since the categories are incorrect, you'll need to manually assign and edit them on the For Review tab. 

1.     On the Banking page, select the For Review tab.
  2.     Select the checkbox for each transaction to which to assign the same payee, category, class, or location. 
  3.     From the Batch actions drop-down menu, select Modify Selected.
  4.     Use the fields in the Modify Selected dialog to specify the Payee, Category, Class, or Location to assign to all of the selected transactions.
  5.     The Class and Location fields only appear if you've set up classes or locations on the Account and Settings tab.
  6.     Select Apply.

Then, you'll have to make sure your transactions get categorized correctly. Here are the following ways: 

• Settings: There are some settings that you can change for default income and expense accounts amongt other things.
  • For Expenses, Deposits, and Transfers: You can create bank rules that categorize transactions based on their type
  • For Sales: You can modify the category associated with the sale product used on the Sales Receipt.

You can also change the mapping settings of your PayPal transactions to help categorize them.  

For more details, you can check out these helpful articles below: 

Stay in touch with me if you have other concerns by clicking the Reply button below, @davido. Rest assured, the Community is always here to help you out. Have a great day!

davido
Level 3

I think you are completely missing the point.

I had all what you described below done with the paypal transactions (manually categorized, set rules,  matched transactions...)

Everything was in the "reviewed" tab and showed in the register.

Then Paypal did not sync for days. I contacted chat support. I was told to disconnect and than re-connect PayPal. I was concerned about the transactions being gone, but was told they will be in the register since the have been reviewed and I can disconnect.

After the "re-connecting" I had 2 PayPal accounts. The old one who does not sync and the new one with NO transactions reviewed. I could not make the old PayPal account  inactive because it had a balance.  I started reviewing the entries again, well they ended up as a double entry for the register. I delete the new double entry that had the wrong category from the register. Now the bank account that has transfers with PayPal had those entries marked as "for review". 

I spent almost an hour with chat support. And the screen sharing was a waste of time as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, davido. 

You can remove entries in the For Review page by matching them to your existing transactions in your register. There’ll be an indication if there are records matching with the transaction. You can click Match or View if there are more than one records found.

For additional information about matching transactions, please refer to this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773491-add-and-match-downloaded-banking-transactions

Let us know by posting here again if there’s anything else you need.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us