cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nloiler
Level 1

Changing password for sending paystubs to employees through direct deposit

I am trying to find where I change the default email and password for sending paystubs through the direct deposit program.  I am using QB Premier Accountant Edition 2019 Desktop.  When you have to enter the pin to make it send, it uses an old email and pin only.  It will not let me change it from that screen.  Thank you

Solved
Best answer February 14, 2019

Best Answers
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nice to see you here today, @nloiler,

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing additional information about your concern. I can add a bit more about emailing paystubs in Quickbooks Desktop.

The system uses the company's email address as the sender (From field) and your employee's email address as the recipient (To field) when emailing the paystubs manually. If you'd like to update your email and password for sending the stubs, you'll need to set up the new email in QuickBooks. Here's how:

1. Go to the Edit menu.
  2. Choose Preferences from the drop-down.
  3. Select Send Forms from the list.
  4. Click the My Preferences tab.
  5. Choose the email service you'd like to use.
  6. Once done, click OK.

You may want to check this article to know more about the process: Email pay stubs from QuickBooks Desktop.

That should help you change your email information for your employees paystubs that you send directly in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please let me know if you have any more invoicing questions. I'll be glad to answer them for you. Have a good day!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
PreciousB

Welcome to the Community, nloiler.

I can help you change the email and payroll pin for sending paystubs in QuickBooks Desktop.

When uploading paystubs to ViewMyPaycheck, you would have to use your Direct Deposit PIN. To update this, please follow the steps I've laid out below:

1. Log in to QuickBooks as Admin.
  2. Select Employees, then choose Send Payroll Data.
  3. In the Send/Receive Payroll Data window, select Send.
  4. In the Payroll Service PIN window, select Forgot your PIN?
  5. Enter your Admin password in the Password field.
  6. Select OK.
  7. Enter a new PIN when prompted.
  8. Select Submit.

This article will provide the detailed steps: Change PIN for processing direct deposit payroll.

As for your other question, you can update your payroll email and password in the Customer Account Management Portal Site (CAMPS).

Here's how:

1. Log in to https://camps.intuit.com/ using your Intuit credentials.
  2. From the drop-down menu at the top right of the screen, select My Profile (see screenshot).
  3. You will be directed to the Edit Your Login Info page.
  4. Update the information you want.
  5. Once done, exit the screen by selecting the X icon on the top right.

image.png

For the detailed steps on using CAMPS, please check this article: Use the Customer Account Management Portal Site.

If you're unable to update the email in CAMPS, please give us a call so we can help you.

You can get the QuickBooks Payroll contact information through this link:​

1. Go to: http://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/
  2. Select your Payroll Subscription type.
  3. Select a topic.
  4. Click on the View Contact Info button.​

That's it. Please let me know the results after trying the steps above. I'll be here to help if you have any follow-up questions. Have a wonderful day.

nloiler
Level 1

Ok I'll be even more specific.  I work on many QB accounts for different clients.  I do manage this clients account but when I go to the CAMPS link you direct me to it is just my information.  Is there a way to do it when I am logged into this specific account QB Account?  I only need to change the email and password for sending paystubs by email through direct deposit.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nice to see you here today, @nloiler,

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing additional information about your concern. I can add a bit more about emailing paystubs in Quickbooks Desktop.

The system uses the company's email address as the sender (From field) and your employee's email address as the recipient (To field) when emailing the paystubs manually. If you'd like to update your email and password for sending the stubs, you'll need to set up the new email in QuickBooks. Here's how:

1. Go to the Edit menu.
  2. Choose Preferences from the drop-down.
  3. Select Send Forms from the list.
  4. Click the My Preferences tab.
  5. Choose the email service you'd like to use.
  6. Once done, click OK.

You may want to check this article to know more about the process: Email pay stubs from QuickBooks Desktop.

That should help you change your email information for your employees paystubs that you send directly in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please let me know if you have any more invoicing questions. I'll be glad to answer them for you. Have a good day!

joann jensen
Level 1

The email that shows when sending is correct - it is the email QuickBooks uses when I go online to send the paystubs that has reverted back to an old discarded email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to see you here, @joann jensen,

Thanks for joining the conversation. I can share some information on how to send your pay stubs online.

May I know if you're using ViewMyPaycheck to upload your employee's pay stubs online? Any details you can provide will help us narrow things down.

However, if you're sending them manually, QuickBooks uses the company's default email address in the Preferences. To make sure you're using the correct email, follow the steps below:

1. Click the Edit menu then choose Preferences.
  2. In the Send Forms topic, hit My Preferences.
  3. Verify the default email in the Send E-mail Using section.

If it shows the correct email but keeps sending the paystubs using the wrong email, it is best to add your email again. To know more about setting up your email service in QuickBooks, please check out this article: Set up Email Service

That should do it. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by clicking the Reply button below. Have a good one!

drlucastax
Level 2

Is there a way to EMAIL paystubs easily from within QUICKBOOKS ONLINE, and have them PASSWORD PROTECTED automatically ??

I know you can do this rather seamlessly within QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP, but it seems QUICKBOOKS ONLINE is a "step backwards" ??

If not, can you please add to RECOMMENDED IMPROVEMENTS to the QB Development Team ?

Please RSVP, thank you

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @drlucastax.

Yes, you can invite your employees to view and manage your paychecks, W-2’s, and other employee info using our QuickBooks Workforce feature. 

Here's how:

1. Go to the Workers menu.
  2. Choose the Employees tab.
  3. Double-click on the name of the employee you want to invite.
  4. Click the Pencil Icon beside Pay.
  5. In the Personal Info section, enter your employee's email address.
  6. Make sure to mark the Invite this employee to view their pay stubs and W-2s online tick box. 
  7. Click Done.

Once completed, your employee will receive an email from Intuit Services (do_not_reply@intuit.com) with the subject "Finish setting up with [business name]." Let your employer open the email and accept the invite by clicking the Get access to paychecks. For more detailed steps, you can read through this article: Access your paychecks and W-2’s online.

To learn more insights about letting your employees see their pay stubs and W-2s online, you can browse this article: Give your employees W-2 access with QuickBooks payroll.

Swing by here if you have other questions. I'm always here to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us