cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsbb
Level 1

When many bank details start with "BUSINESS TO BUSINESS ACH" and it is for many different types of charges, QB categorizes these the same regardless.

How do I get QB to recognize the transactions as different so they can be categorized properly (without turning off the auto categorizing feature).
1 Comment 1
RaymondJayO

When many bank details start with "BUSINESS TO BUSINESS ACH" and it is for many different types of charges, QB categorizes these the same regardless.

Glad to have you here in the Community, @jsbb

This time, there isn't an option to auto-categorize different types of charges if the bank details start with "Business to Business ACH". 

Since you're using the bank rule to automatically categorize transactions, I'd suggest sending feedback to our Product Development Team. 

As an alternative, you'll have to manually categorize them on the For Review tab. For more details, you can check out this useful article: Assign, Categorize, Edit, and Add Your Downloaded Banking Transactions

We’d love to hear your ideas on how QBO can be better for you. Let’s share with our product engineers how you’d like to get QBO recognize the transactions as different without turning off the bank rule. By doing so, they'll use this feedback for future program enhancements. 

Here's how to submit your valuable feedback: 

1.     Go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2.     Select Feedback.
  3.     Enter your comments or product suggestions, then choose Next.
  4.     Choose the appropriate category, then hit Send message.

To track your submitted feature requests, you can visit this website: https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/forums/168199. 

For more helpful articles about online banking in QBO, you can freely browse them through this link: Banking

Stay in touch with me how it goes on your end, @jsbb. Feel free to click the Reply button below if you have other concerns. I’ll be around to help. Have an awesome day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us